News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Rider

B67AC465-A3B1-4E1F-B6F7-98F7C31EDBF2.jpeg
4506BB9D-0C6D-4149-84BD-F14B476D7B16.jpeg
2076B8FC-5496-42F5-BD03-7A39591FAF49.jpeg

MadTeacup

Is that enough work done to be able to finally open the train back up??
I haven't seen anyone confirm either way, but I seriously hope the train tunnel is part of the canopy phase of construction. It would be extremely disappointing to start the 50th Anniversary of the Magic Kingdom with the WDWRR out of commission. My hope is that they've resumed track work in Fantasyland because they intend to complete the loop and reopen the train very soon.

GimpYancIent

I haven't seen anyone confirm either way, but I seriously hope the train tunnel is part of the canopy phase of construction. It would be extremely disappointing to start the 50th Anniversary of the Magic Kingdom with the WDWRR out of commission. My hope is that they've resumed track work in Fantasyland because they intend to complete the loop and reopen the train very soon.
Yes. Get WDWRR up and running. TRON can wait.

J4546

I hope so too, i hope the get the canopy all done, then finish the concrete for the que/pathways around and then get the train running again. Theres still a lot to do for the pathways and Im still not exactly sure what its gonna look like and how the train is gonna pass through though

etc98

ok, so I took a bunch of pictures to address some of the things that've come up on here. I tried to take pictures to make people as mad as possible. Two caveats. One, PeopleMover (WEDway or TTA, your choice) was closed. So I'm sure some offensive shots were missed. Secondly, I did not go on Astro Orbiter. It was cold (probably 50s at ground level) and personally I put that on the Skyway level of "ok, it's high, you're seeing all sorts of ugly stuff. get over it."

My personal TLDR: Views from inside Tomorrowland aren't bad at all. Views from the hub are minimally impactful. Views from Storybook Circus (particularly the Barnstormer queue) are pretty awful.

Here we go...

from the ferry:

View attachment 530523

from the hub:

View attachment 530524

View attachment 530525View attachment 530526

Speedway entrance:

View attachment 530527

(you cannot see from Cosmic Ray's front)

On the Speedway:

View attachment 530528

View attachment 530529

These egregious abominations we somehow lived with for decades:
View attachment 530530

View attachment 530531

interior Tomorrowland:

View attachment 530533
What surprises me the most is how little you actually see it from Tomorrowland. At least in these photos even the canopy is hidden away and barely sticks up above the people mover tracks. It is a cool view from the speedway, but that seems like the only place you can really get a good view of it.

Unless there are better views of it from Tomorrowland that I just haven’t seen yet, it almost seems like it’s easier to see the gravity building from in the park than the canopy, and that’s just tragic

ToTBellHop

What surprises me the most is how little you actually see it from Tomorrowland. At least in these photos even the canopy is hidden away and barely sticks up above the people mover tracks. It is a cool view from the speedway, but that seems like the only place you can really get a good view of it.

Unless there are better views of it from Tomorrowland that I just haven’t seen yet, it almost seems like it’s easier to see the gravity building from in the park than the canopy, and that’s just tragic
To be fair, the old pathway from TL to Storybook Circus will become a Tomorrowland expansion, so there will be new views of TRON from the land.

Given the proximity of TRON to Barnstormer, I’ll be curious to see how the pull off the transition between two rides that couldn’t possibly be any more different thematically. Not much room for sensory tickles. Surely they can do better than the other Tomorrowland-Fantasyland transition where you see Mad Tea Party behind Sonny Eclipse.

Imagineers didn’t get EVERYTHING right in the ‘70s...

corran horn

The flatness of Tomorrowland and the amount of tall 'weenies' block most of the views of the building, in my experience.

Again, TTA and Rocket Tower plaza break that some but I didn't take pictures of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom