News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SilentWindODoom

No it really doesn’t make sense. 2021 theoretically should start to pick up and they should be able to open more as the virus gets under control with vaccine roll outs. Shutting down construction for most of 2021 does not make sense especially when you have a highly anticipated anniversary in October. Halt new projects no doubt but stopping ones they are in the middle of like this just seems incredibly dumb.

Why? You've got cautious people in the US and every market outside of the country that have put off their visits until now, some of which haven't got a closer park to enjoy, that haven't gone in what will likely approach if not reach a year. They will come back when it's open no matter what. You could do literally nothing and have people coming.

Honestly? It's super jaded to say, but if the virus hangs on into the spring, you could sit back, spend the summer bringing back and retraining people, and reopen a number of experiences that aren't currently open in October and market the 50th anniversary as "Walt Disney World's Second Grand Opening".

Is there an aerial photo that shows the route of the replacement train track? Does it finish the connection with the existing track at the Main Street station?

It's all just dirt with retaining walls, a number of which don't have dirt on either side of them, so it's all just a mess with nothing there yet.

It’s not like Disney doesn’t have the money.

50% of "Disney Magic" is customer service and they lost a lot of those people, so many devoted true believers who have told their story. That's not the move of someone who has all of the money in the world.

Disney Analyst

Just caught the photos of the walled off track exit point. That wasn’t what I was expecting when people spoke of “walled up”.

Wow. I guess they really are halting for a while.

IMDREW

Does this “finishing the canopy now” everyones talking about mean the whole canopy (as in all panels and stuff, making it completely covered). Or just the framing work we can see already up now?

JoeCamel

Does this “finishing the canopy now” everyones talking about mean the whole canopy (as in all panels and stuff, making it completely covered). Or just the framing work we can see already up now?
They will put the panels in and do minimal landscaping to clean it up and hide and secure what they can. Who knows, 6 months - a year they start again.

TrainsOfDisney

Even with Splash Mountains install, they still ran a portion of the line frontwards and backwards, which I understand won't be done again.
To be fair, the park was much less crowded back then. Even if they wanted to do it, it would probably turn into a discovery river boat situation since there would only be 1 train set.

I agree that It’s a real shame the train has been down for over 2 years now and it’s looking like it could be 3 or even close to 4 years until it’s operating again. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom