News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SilentWindODoom

I was just pointing out that Fantasyland's view toward Tomorrowland has always been problematic.

It shouldn't have been.

But, it should've been a clue that for 50 years, Disney didn't care about that view.

Hah! I misread that. Thought you were listing things in that area that the view of Tron would be from.

That's always been an odd area. A jumble that is simultaneously full of stuff and empty. A big, long straightaway from the Tea Party to 90% of Tomorrowland.

ppete1975

With the vaccines coming, and hopefully the world slowly going into a new normal in the next few months... (may-July maybe), are still sure they are pausing this? Just curious if anyone has heard updates. To me if they keep going, by the time its done the parks should be back to whatever normal will look like.

solidyne

I was just pointing out that Fantasyland's view toward Tomorrowland has always been problematic.

It shouldn't have been.

But, it should've been a clue that for 50 years, Disney didn't care about that view.
Seeing themed structures (SM, CR, TS) while in a land of a different theme is one thing. Seeing a big blue box from any land is another. I think the Fantasyland complaints are not about thematic continuity but are about simply seeing the box.

ppete1975

Which year?

Remember timelines were altered due to the company loosing money, not because of capacity limitations.
I understand that but even though universal is pumping the brakes as well (nintendo) they are opening a new Jurassic ride, and they seem able to build attractions in half the time. I feel harry potter impacted disney and delaying projects allows universal to add more and draw more guests away. I guess im just scared this will cause disney to pause too long. And maybe they arent going to pause as long as was originally thought.

ToTBellHop

I understand that but even though universal is pumping the brakes as well (nintendo) they are opening a new Jurassic ride, and they seem able to build attractions in half the time. I feel harry potter impacted disney and delaying projects allows universal to add more and draw more guests away. I guess im just scared this will cause disney to pause too long. And maybe they arent going to pause as long as was originally thought.
2017 Pandora
2018 Toy Story Land
2019 Star Wars Land
2020 Runaway Railway
2021 Ratatouille, 50th begins
2022 TRON, Guardians, HarmoniUs

While MORE MORE MORE is always nice, Disney is still building.

Universal is more than “pumping the brakes.” The third park was delayed indefinitely.

TTA94

2017 Pandora
2018 Toy Story Land
2019 Star Wars Land
2020 Runaway Railway

Universal is more than “pumping the brakes.” The third park was delayed indefinitely.

Ouch that’s new, Harm not happening until 2022?? Even if fireworks can return at some point in 2021?

ToTBellHop

Ouch that’s new, Harm not happening until 2022?? Even if fireworks can return at some point in 2021?
That is my understanding. They didn’t run Epcot Forever “nearly long enough.” 5 months isn’t enough for the investment and new fireworks won’t premiere before herd immunity. Epcot Forever is a better choice for a socially-distanced show. Can you imagine, “come see our amazing new electronic taco nighttime show!” followed by, “sorry, we are full. Try Happily Ever After.”

‘Cuz it sucks. IMHO.

MurphyJoe

2017 Pandora
2018 Toy Story Land
2019 Star Wars Land
2020 Runaway Railway

Epic Universe might be delayed, but the permits are still being filled alongside grading and infrastructure work continuing at the site. However, vertical construction has been delayed indefinitely. The thoughts I've seen elsewhere concerning the project is the delay has less to do with COVID as it does roadway construction timetables not aligning with park completion. If Universal kept to the original timeline they could run into a situation where the park is ready for guests with the roads still needing work to handle the increased volume of traffic from the park.

lazyboy97o

There really was no good way to mothball Velocicoaster. The best way to protect the work that was done was to just finish most of it.

Epic Universe might be delayed, but the permits are still being filled alongside grading and infrastructure work continuing at the site. However, vertical construction has been delayed indefinitely. The thoughts I've seen elsewhere concerning the project is the delay has less to do with COVID as it does roadway construction timetables not aligning with park completion. If Universal kept to the original timeline they could run into a situation where the park is ready for guests with the roads still needing work to handle the increased volume of traffic from the park.
It’s all COVID and the drop in travel, both business and leisure. Permits are the result of legalities but are also time limited. Florida gets a new building code in a week, one Epic Universe was not designed to comply with. Orange County allows for permitted work to be delayed for something like nearly a year and a half before the work must meet current codes. Universal Creative has been decimated in a way that would have people panicking about the future of Walt Disney Imagineering if it was at Disney. Even as of last week people were having their last day.

yensidtlaw1969

It shouldn't have been.

The transition from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland has always been awkward, but prior to TRON it has never been one that reveals offstage elements. There are no offstage elements visible in the picture you linked.

Whether or not the theming transitioned especially well, everything along the whole corridor has always been themed. That's a very different issue than the problem of an objectively unthemed, unhidden 5-story warehouse being put up in the park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The transition from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland has always been awkward, but prior to TRON it has never been one that reveals offstage elements. There are no offstage elements visible in the picture you linked.

Whether or not the theming transitioned especially well, everything along the whole corridor has always been themed. That's a very different issue than the problem of an objectively unthemed, unhidden 5-story warehouse being put up in the park.

mikeymouse

Ep3dZeWWwAIZ1cU

I'm just now noticing something I didn't before (although it may not have been there earlier). What's up with the retaining walls under the lower portions of the canopy here? Could this hint at what's being done with the railroad and the pathway? I'm unsure which side is going to be filled in with dirt. It could be the pathway takes the high ground and the train goes through a channel below of the trail could go low with the train going through a dirt-covered (and heavily vented) tunnel. Anyone think they can figure this out.

I can understand the being on eggshells sometimes (if you mean the times she's been like "can we say that?") considering when they first started doing charity shoutouts someone tried to cancel them. But I think the rest is a mix of being out of the loop and focused on other things, not spending the same amount of time looking into things. Although sometimes knowledge holes do make me laugh.
It really annoys me when vloggers ask for money. Is it legal to make an income while on property? Yes, it would be nice to earn a paycheck by visiting the parks, but....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom