News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

trainplane3

Tron coaster.
Tron soundtrack.
Close enough.
These songs have been able to be acquired through various exclusive releases but they finally brought them all together into a single release:

While the movie may bore most (didn't care, still had fun, saw it 5 times in the theaters), the soundtrack is incredible and deserves a listen. Especially since the ride uses various mixes of the soundtrack in the queue and ride itself.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

The Trackers stayed at Bay Lake Tower over the weekend, giving real life guest views of what the box will look like from Bay Lake Tower (what seems like one of the best places on the property to see it).

1:15 - The view from the ground level parking lot.
8:20 - The view through the window of their 15th floor Bay Lake Tower room.
10:10 - The balcony view.
15:50 - The view from the airbridge between Bay Lake Tower and the Contemporary Territory.
19:10 - The nighttime view from the balcony.
33:40 - More nighttime view with fireworks.

EDIT: Just realized that their Poly stay would probably show visibility (albeit pre-canopy) from across the Lagoon and sure enough at 16:05 it pops up.

I have been watching the Trackers for years and ever since Jenn became a mom something changed about her. She seems so naive nowadays. Tim always corrects her or calls her out.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Tron coaster.
Tron soundtrack.
Close enough.
While these songs have been able to be acquired through various exclusive releases, they finally brought them all together into a single release:

While the movie may bore most (didn't care, still had fun, saw it 5 times in the theaters), the soundtrack is incredible and deserves a listen. Especially since the ride uses various mixes of the soundtrack in the queue and ride itself.
I’m totally in love with TRON and TRON Legacy and not ashamed. Thanks for posting this!

brihow

I have been watching the Trackers for years and ever since Jenn became a mom something changed about her. She seems so naive nowadays. Tim always corrects her or calls her out.
The fiance and I have absolutely noticed this. Jenn also seems so nervous about everything and seems to be walking on eggshells.
Meanwhile Tim asks some of the dumbest questions I've ever heard spoken aloud. Whoever said there's no such thing as a stupid question never watched a Tracker video.

SilentWindODoom

Ep3dZeWWwAIZ1cU

I'm just now noticing something I didn't before (although it may not have been there earlier). What's up with the retaining walls under the lower portions of the canopy here? Could this hint at what's being done with the railroad and the pathway? I'm unsure which side is going to be filled in with dirt. It could be the pathway takes the high ground and the train goes through a channel below of the trail could go low with the train going through a dirt-covered (and heavily vented) tunnel. Anyone think they can figure this out.

The fiance and I have absolutely noticed this. Jenn also seems so nervous about everything and seems to be walking on eggshells.
Meanwhile Tim asks some of the dumbest questions I've ever heard spoken aloud. Whoever said there's no such thing as a stupid question never watched a Tracker video.

I can understand the being on eggshells sometimes (if you mean the times she's been like "can we say that?") considering when they first started doing charity shoutouts someone tried to cancel them. But I think the rest is a mix of being out of the loop and focused on other things, not spending the same amount of time looking into things. Although sometimes knowledge holes do make me laugh.

Mike730

Ep3dZeWWwAIZ1cU

I'm just now noticing something I didn't before (although it may not have been there earlier). What's up with the retaining walls under the lower portions of the canopy here? Could this hint at what's being done with the railroad and the pathway? I'm unsure which side is going to be filled in with dirt. It could be the pathway takes the high ground and the train goes through a channel below of the trail could go low with the train going through a dirt-covered (and heavily vented) tunnel. Anyone think they can figure this out.

I can understand the being on eggshells sometimes (if you mean the times she's been like "can we say that?") considering when they first started doing charity shoutouts someone tried to cancel them. But I think the rest is a mix of being out of the loop and focused on other things, not spending the same amount of time looking into things. Although sometimes knowledge holes do make me laugh.
1608871805964.jpeg

1608872056941.jpeg

Photos aren’t mine I just ripped em from google.

The walkways beneath the canopy are nearly all elevated. Some atop large columns, some atop retaining walls like that. The ground floor is a large garden with swirling concrete dividing areas. I imagine they have planned for the train to cut through the garden with as few changes as possible from Shanghai. The elevated walkways we’ve seen so far seem to match up pretty well with the Shanghai design.

Attachments

• 1608871715245.png
    1608871715245.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 118

halltd

I watched ONE of their videos and had to turn it off...never to watch them again. Why do you guys keep watching if they're so bad?

brihow

I watched ONE of their videos and had to turn it off...never to watch them again. Why do you guys keep watching if they're so bad?
Honestly I don't know. We've been watching them for so long at this point I guess we sort of 'hate watch' them. It's also been kind of nice to get a mini Disney fix during the pandemic since we won't be visiting for at least another couple years.

Giss Neric

They do visit the parks often, even on a weekly basis. I don't watch them religiously. I rarely watch their home vlogs. I do however watch them on their theme park vlogs as they are most of the time first to report when there are new stuff happening in the parks. I don't find them annoying. If you find them annoying and unbearable then I don't think you can handle vloggers in general as there are far more worse vloggers out there generally,

Some people prefer to just watch without voiceover commentary or people talking but I find that boring so I would rather see someone talking to the camera and express themselves

Marc Davis Fan

I just realized something (though maybe it was obvious to some)...

The show building demarcated by the red arrow in the Shanghai photo is only visible from the raised walkway, which means it should not be visible from the ground upon approaching the building via Tomorrowland. I think that will make the approach much nicer.

Small as this seems, when I visited Shanghai that little piece of show building was distractingly visible from the otherwise-grand approach, so I'm glad the problem may be avoided here.

Mike730

The show building demarcated by the red arrow in the Shanghai photo is only visible from the raised walkway, which means it should not be visible from the ground upon approaching the building via Tomorrowland. I think that will make the approach much nicer.

Small as this seems, when I visited Shanghai that little piece of show building was distractingly visible from the otherwise-grand approach, so I'm glad the problem may be avoided here.
True. I do think the Tomorrowland approach will be very cool. It’s the fantasyland views that will probably suffer.

JoeCamel

But it will be perfectly painted to match the sky at any given moment it really won't matter if you could see it. ;)

SilentWindODoom

The walkways beneath the canopy are nearly all elevated. Some atop large columns, some atop retaining walls like that. The ground floor is a large garden with swirling concrete dividing areas. I imagine they have planned for the train to cut through the garden with as few changes as possible from Shanghai. The elevated walkways we’ve seen so far seem to match up pretty well with the Shanghai design.

Huh... I hadn't thought about comparing the retaining walls to the Shanghai sky walkway.

They do visit the parks often, even on a weekly basis. I don't watch them religiously. I rarely watch their home vlogs. I do however watch them on their theme park vlogs as they are most of the time first to report when there are new stuff happening in the parks. I don't find them annoying. If you find them annoying and unbearable then I don't think you can handle vloggers in general as there are far more worse vloggers out there generally,

Some people prefer to just watch without voiceover commentary or people talking but I find that boring so I would rather see someone talking to the camera and express themselves

They cover a lot of the park stuff and a lot of the food and have gotten big enough that they get invited to sneak peeks. I like them. I think they're genuine and good people. They're usually even-keeled, not drinking the Kool-aid or being overly snarky.

I usually watched the parks videos of the places I cared about, but when the pandemic began. A lot of other entertainment dried up and I started watching more, which coincided with them only being able to do videos from home with their baby born in November. It was nice watching him grow up over the past year and them learn about parenthood. Plus 30-40 minutes a day nicely fills in the need to have something on in the background.

Such as the same ruined Fantasyland views of the Speedway and Space Mountain and Cosmic Rays'?

View attachment 520828

Most people who are worried about Fantasyland are focused on the Storybook Circus views that have been seen during construction. But it's too early to tell. From all of that area the canopy blocks the view anyway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Most people who are worried about Fantasyland are focused on the Storybook Circus views that have been seen during construction. But it's too early to tell. From all of that area the canopy blocks the view anyway.
I was just pointing out that Fantasyland's view toward Tomorrowland has always been problematic.

It shouldn't have been.

But, it should've been a clue that for 50 years, Disney didn't care about that view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom