News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

doctornick

I have been back to the park 3 times since ROTR opening and have not been able to get on the ride... The boarding groups sell out way too fast... I imagine it will be years before this is actually accessible to the average guest... The park still needs more attractions...

I don't know what would really make it accessible. If DHS in theory had a dozen other new rides to "spread out crowds" it would probably also increase the capacity of the park, increase the number of guests in the park and still have demand outstripping supply for the ride.

Obviously, the biggest thing for RotR is for it to become as reliable as possible, hopefully that will occur with ongoing running of the ride. I think beyond that, the biggest thing to decrease demand might be if another big attention getting ride opened elsewhere on property (preferably not in DHS so it doesn't people to that park specifically) that would draw people away. But I don't see that in the horizon, not unless Cosmic Rewind is a massive hit (I don't see Rat or Tron filling such a role).

I do wonder how much of the demand usage is from local/repeat guests who have already ridden RotR. If that's a big driver, then perhaps demand will die down somewhat once that group has had their "fill" and be less apt to visit DHS frequently to ride it?

ChewbaccaYourMum

I have been back to the park 3 times since ROTR opening and have not been able to get on the ride... The boarding groups sell out way too fast... I imagine it will be years before this is actually accessible to the average guest... The park still needs more attractions...
I've been there 3 times since it opened too and I've been lucky to get one every time. Don't ask me how I'm getting so lucky because I have no idea lol... But keep trying you'll get it eventually. And I agree with you. It's funny how two whole lands and a new ride have opened and the park still feels like it has barely anything to do.. Maybe they need to stop replacing things and use that "blessing of size" someone once said to EXPAND.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don’t always stay up to date on all forum news...what is the Halcyon Project?
That's the Ultra-High-End Premium star cruiser experience they're working on just outside Galaxy's Edge...

1607609650344.png

ChewbaccaYourMum

So since the entrace to Tron is that walkway between SM gift shop and Speedway, and the People Mover is right above there to block the view, how much space is there between Tron and once you walk under the People Mover? What I'm trying to say is how much space are we going to have to really stand back and admire the full look of the canopy once walking under the People Mover tracks?

I feel like in Shanghai there's so much space in front of it to admire the canopy and watch it if you want. It seems like the entrance is going to be a bottleneck as it is and not really that much space to stand there and admire it if you wanted to. Also, standing in front of Speedway and looking might not be as good too and you won't really see the whole thing?

Last edited:

rle4lunch

So since the entrace to Tron is that walkway between SM gift shop and Speedway, and the People Mover is right above there to block the view, how much space is there between Tron and once you walk under the People Mover? What I'm trying to say is how much space are we going to have to really stand back and admire the full look of the canopy once walking under the People Mover tracks?

I feel like in Shanghai there's so much space in front of it to admire the canopy and watch it if you want. It seems like the entrance is going to be a bottleneck as it is and not really that much space to stand there and admire it if you wanted to. It seems like standing in front of Speedway and looking might not be as good too and you won't really see the whole thing?

That's the problem with tomorrowland in both WDW and DL, the bottleneck (albeit much worse in DL). Hopefully once you're around the left corner of SM entry and headed toward the Speedway you'll be able to get the full effect of the Tron canopy.

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No

SilentWindODoom

The Trackers stayed at Bay Lake Tower over the weekend, giving real life guest views of what the box will look like from Bay Lake Tower (what seems like one of the best places on the property to see it).

1:15 - The view from the ground level parking lot.
8:20 - The view through the window of their 15th floor Bay Lake Tower room.
10:10 - The balcony view.
15:50 - The view from the airbridge between Bay Lake Tower and the Contemporary Territory.
19:10 - The nighttime view from the balcony.
33:40 - More nighttime view with fireworks.

EDIT: Just realized that their Poly stay would probably show visibility (albeit pre-canopy) from across the Lagoon and sure enough at 16:05 it pops up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom