News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

J4546

I really wish theyd have brought Treasure Cove to the Magic Kingdom instead of Tron coaster but oh well. If your gonna take something from the Shanghai Park, Treasure cove is amazing, and its pirate themed. Orlando the only disney location thats near the carribean in Florida. And florida has a lot of Pirate lore in the state as well. Why does Orlando have the worst Pirates ride and no pirate themed area?

Movielover

Orlando the only disney location thats near the carribean in Florida. And florida has a lot of Pirate lore in the state as well. Why does Orlando have the worst Pirates ride and no pirate themed area?

It's exactly that reason why Pirates was a afterthought. They figured East Coast would not be as attracted to the mythos of pirates since its part of the history there. Which is why WDW's Frontierland was going to be the big star with Western River complex.

owlsandcoffee

I really wish theyd have brought Treasure Cove to the Magic Kingdom instead of Tron coaster but oh well. If your gonna take something from the Shanghai Park, Treasure cove is amazing, and its pirate themed. Orlando the only disney location thats near the carribean in Florida. And florida has a lot of Pirate lore in the state as well. Why does Orlando have the worst Pirates ride and no pirate themed area?

@Movielover is correct. Where Big Thunder is now there was supposed to be a large complex called Thunder Mesa, with a Cowboy version of PoTC called "Western River Expedition" inside of it. The energy crisis happened, and by the time Disney had money to spend they were planning EPCOT. Thunder Mesa never got built.

On top of that, everyone was asking "Where is Pirates????" when WDW opened. Marc Davis was tasked with adapting it for Florida, and took some things away so it would complement Western River Expedition. Thus the worse version of Pirates.

If you want to read about it here is the blog post where I learned all this stuff.

doctornick

@Movielover is correct. Where Big Thunder is now there was supposed to be a large complex called Thunder Mesa, with a Cowboy version of PoTC called "Western River Expedition" inside of it. The energy crisis happened, and by the time Disney had money to spend they were planning EPCOT. Thunder Mesa never got built.

On top of that, everyone was asking "Where is Pirates????" when WDW opened. Marc Davis was tasked with adapting it for Florida, and took some things away so it would complement Western River Expedition. Thus the worse version of Pirates.

If you want to read about it here is the blog post where I learned all this stuff.

Also, they had already build some of the AAs for WRE and those got repurposed for Listen to the Land once Epcot was being built.

matt9112

I think Rise of the Resistance is one of the longest rides they've built (at least if you're counting all the preshows -- and I think they're a fundamental part of the ride so you should), but obviously not too many people have actually been able to experience that.

Still, in general, you're right. As crowds have grown, they've essentially decreased capacity. They aren't building much like the classic EPCOT people eaters which were able to both board huge numbers of people per hour and lasted 10-15 minutes (or much longer in the case of UoE).
Yeah sorry i live in florida and had an AP for years and still haven't riden ROTR...nothing like having a real job am i right?

Lirael

Ah, behold the advancement of technology, here captured by these two rides side by side!

On one hand, a decades old ride, built when technology was sparser and as such Imagineers could only create a basic, generic, warehouse box to contain the ride. Whereas on the other side we have the clear superiority of 2020 technology, behold the curves, unique style and-

Oh sorry, got them confused. Uh, somethingsomething if only the pandemic hadnt happened it would look better somethingsomething?

corran horn

Ah, behold the advancement of technology, here captured by these two rides side by side!

On one hand, a decades old ride, built when technology was sparser and as such Imagineers could only create a basic, generic, warehouse box to contain the ride. Whereas on the other side we have the clear superiority of 2020 technology, behold the curves, unique style and-

Oh sorry, got them confused. Uh, somethingsomething if only the pandemic hadnt happened it would look better somethingsomething?
See, I love TRON. I can't wait to ride this. I think the building isn't TOO bad.

But this is funny and great. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom