News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My bearings are off. What's to the left of that building? (from the vantage point of this picture)

The last bit of train station theming before it becomes just tracks through the woods.

1594481889029.png

Chris767

So, is there anyway they are stilling creating a berm so that the show building is a little less visible form the side? I know that’s been talked about on this page, but I’m wondering how they’d even do that now, or if we’ll just see the box from the circus

No Name

Its like they had these different color panels left over from other projects and just decided to use them here. Still cant wrap my head around it.
Instead of poorly trying to hide it in plain sight, I think they’re cheaply trying to make it look like it belongs. So that they appear nonchalant about its visibility rather than embarrassed by it. In a weird way, perhaps it is less noticeable, because people are more likely to subconsciously accept it than to think about how it’s trying but utterly failing to blend in with the sky.

Reminds me of when I’d play hide and seek at large family reunions. Sometimes, if I really couldn’t find a hiding spot, I’d just blend in with the scene by sitting on a couch and talking to relatives. It occasionally worked.

But of course, the best thing to do is have a good hiding spot. That used to be Disney’s standard.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From within the park, there are plenty of places where a tree next to a path will block the box. If you stand next to a tree, you pretty much can't see anything.

There will still be places where there are no opportunities to hide the box and you will see in the park for years to come.

No effort is being made to hide it from outside the park.

raymusiccity

From within the park, there are plenty of places where a tree next to a path will block the box. If you stand next to a tree, you pretty much can't see anything.

There will still be places where there are no opportunities to hide the box and you will see in the park for years to come.

No effort is being made to hide it from outside the park.
I'm looking forward to seeing Tron from the train. Any word when the track work will be completed?

lazyboy97o

Is it visible from the ferry? The angle of the building in relationship to the conical peak of Space Mountain seems purposefully aligned.
Yes, it is visible from the ferry.

All they had to do was theme it as an ENCOM office or warehouse building. Put large, industrial font of five letters in the upper lefthand corner of the front-facing side and call it a day.
“It’s supposed to look bad” is a lousy excuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom