News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

rreading

As a new build? I could’ve gone with that for what it’s worth. But I’d have preferred an inventive dark ride as opposed to the cloned coaster.
But that’s just me.

I don't know that I would have needed a true dark ride. The Tron canopy seems like a reasonable fit for FW and the Tron theme seems like a reasonable means to create a Computer science featuring Tron pavilion. Then Epcot would still get its coaster draw without as much of a stretch.

Clearly no longer a consideration...:confused:

corran horn

Another great shot with some perspective - I wish I had the skills to draw the profile of the canopy from the air to show potential sightlines.

EYoOOlfWoAE2bBA

Surferboy567

So...anyone see the post from that website?

Apparently construction is resuming...seems correct but since the source isn’t reliable. Insiders?

Moka

Apparently construction is resuming...seems correct but since the source isn’t reliable. Insiders?
Even if there's not a 100% reliable source right now, I can see it happening and wouldn't be surprised if they are. With the amount happening now with everything starting to open up like Disney Springs, City Walk, I don't see why Disney wouldn't continue on with construction at this point.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Will they do anything between the tron gravity building and space mountain like a berm, or very, very high trees?

No berm in the site plans.

Don't think current leadership at Disney cares about the sightline outside the park.

Inside the park, you can put trees close enough to where guests can be by Storybook such that the closeness of the trees to hide the box.

Donaldfan1934

It does. Which was a huge consideration why it didn’t get the clone.
Honestly, before this was announced, I thought TT 2.0 would’ve prevented any sort of Tron ride from coming to WDW in any capacity since it has such a similar aesthetic. That being said, I come see why cloning the coaster is not completely redundant and am looking forward to the many potential benefits it’s presence can bring to Tomorrowland as a whole.

Unbanshee

They based construction resuming on deliveries happening? LOL

Deliveries, few and far between, have been happening for weeks. Just another clickbait article

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom