News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

The_Jobu

Going to the original post that created the thread, "in time for the 50th anniversary" in 2021. So next year on or before October 1, 2021.

I've always wanted to visit in October. The weather is nice, I get to wear a "its my birthday!" button around, check out HHN across the street...

But something tells me Oct 2021 might be a little busy... :cautious:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I saw this structure when we were there a few weeks ago and hoped it was only temporary construction rigging. This is disappointing it’s a permanent feature. This is the only thing they can do with it IMOView attachment 444559

Still think they can make that work but only if they incorporate a Low level C or B ticket Wall-E attraction in the foreground. An elaborate Meet and Greet? kiddie flat ride? The question then becomes how does one incorporate WALL·E into Tomorrowland yet still have it seamlessly transition into Fantasyland? The idea of slapping a BnL logo up there is not a bad idea honestly given the visibility of the building. Might as well put it to use...

I don't suppose Speedway could be IP'd to WALL·E, could it?

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I saw this structure when we were there a few weeks ago and hoped it was only temporary construction rigging. This is disappointing it’s a permanent feature. This is the only thing they can do with it IMOView attachment 444559

The general idea is wonderful, but if you'll permit me to take this idea and run with it a bit, I may have an alternative idea... Since Disney did purchase Fox and Fox produced the 2006 film "Idiocracy", I think I have the perfect IP tie in to appropriately cement the Tomorrowland vision of the future while making the big grey box "theme" look 100% appropriate...

Capture.JPG

Complete with appropriate ride op apparel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom