News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Nearly everyone on this forum thinks everybody shares their opinion.
Only I know what everyone else thinks about everything.

For example, 93% of people find this adorable:
1573522279900.gif

Unrelated note: 7% of people are sociopaths.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Ah yes, nothing says future like a Costco.

Not Costco. Buy n Large! (The only instance when a "warehouse" could actually work)
Could they theme the box to look like a BnL?
It doesn't make sense of course unless they work Wall-E into the mix.
Instead of hiding it - make it a part of another attraction.

HMF

Not Costco. Buy n Large! (The only instance when a "warehouse" could actually work)
Could they theme the box to look like a BnL?
It doesn't make sense of course unless they work Wall-E into the mix.
Instead of hiding it - make it a part of another attraction.
Ironically at one time when I still aspired to work for WDI. I had a plan to build a WALL-E Attraction in a building themed to a B-N-L warehouse on the Speedway site.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Ironically at one time when I still aspired to work for WDI. I had a plan to build a WALL-E Attraction in a building themed to a B-N-L warehouse on the Speedway site.

I don't suppose we'll ever see Wall-E at this point. Especially not on the Speedway site since WDI has seemingly doubled down on keeping Speedway for the foreseeable future. Still, a BnL would make sense in Tomorrowland especially if they could use it as a showbuilding. But now that Tron has overtaken the area not sure what they can do. It would take a massive amount of reconfiguring the area to incorporate Wall-E now; even if they did somehow use the Tron warehouse with a BnL facade. It was a good idea. I'll have to pick your brain sometime about the plans you had for Wall-E. The only way I see the IP being incorporated now is on the Peoplemover. I'd rather it remain un-IP'd. (for now)

Was never for Tron in MK. And the Speedway still takes up a crap ton of space. Tomorrowland needs some serious help. Fresh paint and Tron don't quite cover what needs to be done.

Bocabear

you know, why not have Wall-E and Eve and some upgraded starfield projections in the darkest part of the TTA Space Mountain journey? They are close enough to theme, and TDO loves to add IP... Not any of the rest of the storyline, just those two figures...
Or remember the old Mickey in a space suit that used to hang from the ceiling in Star Traders? Why couldn't they use that as you enter Space Mountain next to the "Space Mountain lighted placard ...welcoming you... It would add a little interest for sure.

tparris

I found a video on YouTube with some great footage of Tron. Looks like the load/unload part of the building is being constructed, and tighter framing is going up on the building for the exterior panels. Here is the video:
(Skip to around 5 minutes in for the Tron footage.)

mikeximus

OK, so I have read through quite a bit of this thread in hopes of avoiding asking this question... I couldn't find the info, so I apologize for asking something that has probably been answered numerous times already.

As a huge fan of Tron and Tron Legacy. I am looking forward to this ride. When is this supposed to be operational? My family and I are planning a 2020 trip, I'm guessing from the pics, it isn't going to be ready by June 2020?

ToTBellHop

OK, so I have read through quite a bit of this thread in hopes of avoiding asking this question... I couldn't find the info, so I apologize for asking something that has probably been answered numerous times already.

As a huge fan of Tron and Tron Legacy. I am looking forward to this ride. When is this supposed to be operational? My family and I are planning a 2020 trip, I'm guessing from the pics, it isn't going to be ready by June 2020?
No. Spring 2021.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't suppose we'll ever see Wall-E at this point. Especially not on the Speedway site since WDI has seemingly doubled down on keeping Speedway for the foreseeable future. Still, a BnL would make sense in Tomorrowland especially if they could use it as a showbuilding.
BnL represents the worst of the worst dystopian futures... and Disney (the corporation) is becoming more and more like BnL every day.

So I agree about Wall-E -- but we'll never see BnL in Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom