News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

That is a good question.
Actually if the return portion to the building had a structure that looked like a giant cable... Like you are being sucked into the cables for the computer, that would tell a better story... like this kind of thing... Interior of cable could be the Kaleidoscopi
Tron Return.jpg
c light patterns from the movie when entering the grid. It would also keep daylight spill from the interior of the show building.

tparris

Actually if the return portion to the building had a structure that looked like a giant cable... Like you are being sucked into the cables for the computer, that would tell a better story... like this kind of thing... Interior of cable could be the KaleidoscopiView attachment 420112c light patterns from the movie when entering the grid. It would also keep daylight spill from the interior of the show building.
Interesting concept!

raymusiccity

Journey does not look like a warehouse from any publicly-accessible area I’m aware of. The only section of the Land that is noticeably warehouse-y is the Soarin’ buildings, which are part of the recently developing problem.

You are completely entitled not to care about sightlines. It’s disingenuous to deny, however, that the proliferation of massive, plain, square buildings that are clearly visible from guest areas marks a definite change in WDWs design philosophy.
Agree 100%.....I'm willing to go along with the 'let's wait and see' mantra. I just cringe every time I see this angle from the monorail and the Contemporary Resort area. :(
20191009_192351_Original.jpg

_caleb

I can't seem to find any photos of the Tron ride building in Shanghai other than top-down satellite images. Anyone know where I might find one?

I did manage to locate this one of the place where the ride vehicle enters the building after the outdoor portion of the ride (the part that @Bocabear reimagined a couple posts back). I've got to say, I prefer his!

02a3cee179ff30ff3afe6c75512bf887.jpg

Bocabear

I can't seem to find any photos of the Tron ride building in Shanghai other than top-down satellite images. Anyone know where I might find one?

I did manage to locate this one of the place where the ride vehicle enters the building after the outdoor portion of the ride (the part that @Bocabear reimagined a couple posts back). I've got to say, I prefer his!

Well it looks neat and tidy, and you fly into a room painted black and break hard...stop then release forward into the show building... It is sort of jarring too to go from outdoors to indoor without a smooth segue... just a black painted short hall and hard break...

Buried20KLeague

I checked all my pictures too and didn't have any from under the canopy at night showing just how big and plain the building is. It makes sense... When you're under the canopy at night, you're taking pictures of the lit up canopy... When you're under there during the day, there's nothing remarkable to think about taking a picture of.

To give you an idea of the layout... In your pic, the lockers for the ride are directly ahead (in front of all the people), and the walkway to the entrance of the ride is on the other side of the curved panels toward the left. There are a couple (IIRC) access points between the lockers and the entrance. The small window on the lower left is a window of the gift shop that you exit through.

Also, in the Shanghai version, there's a walkway that goes to the left from the angle of this pic that goes (through a hole in the box) into a Chevy post-show area. I have no idea if a walkway and post-show area is part of the WDW plans or not.

brb1006

Well it looks neat and tidy, and you fly into a room painted black and break hard...stop then release forward into the show building... It is sort of jarring too to go from outdoors to indoor without a smooth segue... just a black painted short hall and hard break...
At least it's not as notable during the night.

Bocabear

After being there and being on the coaster a few times, I will say it is a lot of fun and a fun idea, but seems like it needed a bit more time in the design process... The ever present breaks on every drop, the idea of the hard acceleration outside is interesting because it is a launch, but the outside part is not interesting...but looks great if you are watching the ride... It would be nice if they could have achieved both...and without the overuse of breaks...and then maybe more attractions that relate to the ride other than a gift shop and a Chevy display...A well themed Tron raceway would be cool...an indoor themed flat ride appropriate for the ip would be great too... but just as a stand alone...it's not quite enough.

Bocabear

For those that have ridden it, what is the thrill level? Expedition Everest is basically my limit.
Can you do Rock N Rollercoaster? there are no loops, but a good launch... inside the building are a series of dives and spirals...the most of the thrill comes from the seating system...

the_rich

Can you do Rock N Rollercoaster? there are no loops, but a good launch... inside the building are a series of dives and spirals...the most of the thrill comes from the seating system...
Speed doesn't bother me. I'm afraid of heights so I don't do big drops and I don't like going upside down due to motion sickness. I used to to do rock n rollercoaster but I got dizzy from it last time I rode.

IMDREW

Speed doesn't bother me. I'm afraid of heights so I don't do big drops and I don't like going upside down due to motion sickness. I used to to do rock n rollercoaster but I got dizzy from it last time I rode.
For me the outside portion felt very high and fast. But nothing more than RRC for sure. Its like others have said more about the seating postion than real drops that make it intense. You should def try it once! It’s a lot of fun and a great experience esp if you’ve never done a bike coaster before!

_caleb

After being there and being on the coaster a few times, I will say it is a lot of fun and a fun idea, but seems like it needed a bit more time in the design process... The ever present breaks on every drop, the idea of the hard acceleration outside is interesting because it is a launch, but the outside part is not interesting...but looks great if you are watching the ride... It would be nice if they could have achieved both...and without the overuse of breaks...and then maybe more attractions that relate to the ride other than a gift shop and a Chevy display...A well themed Tron raceway would be cool...an indoor themed flat ride appropriate for the ip would be great too... but just as a stand alone...it's not quite enough.
I don't understand the heavy reliance on trim brakes in applications like this ride. Seems like bad design to create a roller-coaster that has to come to a full stop in order to safely navigate the course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom