News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MaximumEd

I’m curious about the train exhaust, too. What exactly is it? I’m no expert but steam alone doesn’t leave dark marks. Only Voldemort or pollution can do that.

The steam that drives the pistons that drive the wheels is exhausted up the smokestack, which also creates draft for the firebox. These run on diesel, not coal, so what comes out of the stack is a mixture of steam and diesel slobber. Diesel slobber being a technical term, naturally.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm having a hard time understanding why anybody would be excited about this project. There is nothing ambitious about it other than the money spent on it. To each their own, I guess.
Serious?
1) If you are a Tron fan, you're excited about this
2) If you like an exciting coaster in a park that can use another thriller (last thriller was built in the 90's), you're excited about this
3) Nothing had to be sacrificed (except the land) in order for this to be built (looking at you GoTG), so that is exciting/refreshing
4) Anyone who has ridden this at the Shanghai Park, will be excited about this

Should I go on, or just let you stew in your negativity?

Bocabear

Serious?
1) If you are a Tron fan, you're excited about this
2) If you like an exciting coaster in a park that can use another thriller (last thriller was built in the 90's), you're excited about this
3) Nothing had to be sacrificed (except the land) in order for this to be built (looking at you GoTG), so that is exciting/refreshing
4) Anyone who has ridden this at the Shanghai Park, will be excited about this

Should I go on, or just let you stew in your negativity?
I have ridden it in Shanghai...and while it is a nice coaster, it is a bit too short, and the interior section is fraught with trim brakes...Also perhaps there was a better location for this ride (Hollywood Studios) where they could have built a mini land around it and not screw up the skyline and feel of the Magic Kingdom...It is not all plusses, but yes I am grateful we are getting something new... and it would be amazing if we would get something original...
And some of our attractions were getting some serious love (Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, BYMRR, POTC)

Awakening

I have ridden it in Shanghai...and while it is a nice coaster, it is a bit too short, and the interior section is fraught with trim brakes...Also perhaps there was a better location for this ride (Hollywood Studios) where they could have built a mini land around it and not screw up the skyline and feel of the Magic Kingdom...It is not all plusses, but yes I am grateful we are getting something new... and it would be amazing if we would get something original...
And some of our attractions were getting some serious love (Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, BYMRR, POTC)

It's premature to say it's going to "screw up the skyline and feel of the Magic Kingdom" when it hasn't even been built yet.

Also not sure how one coaster is going to ruin the entire park for you, but I feel bad for you if it does.

Bocabear

It's premature to say it's going to "screw up the skyline and feel of the Magic Kingdom" when it hasn't even been built yet.

Also not sure how one coaster is going to ruin the entire park for you, but I feel bad for you if it does.
I never said it would ruin the whole park for me... I also said I was glad we were getting a new attraction.
Walt Disney World has more then enough space to build any attraction within the correct thematic environment...Why they continue to just put anything anywhere baffles me... There are better solutions...
but it doesn't ruin the whole park for me...

Surfin' Tuna

Martin beat me to it, but the sight lines are going to be a huge problem when this is built. It won't ruin the whole park, but it will detract immensely from the theming of the lands. I'm excited to ride it, since I'm not going to Shanghai anytime soon. I just think the general consensus is that if you want to ruin the sight lines of the park, maybe give us a ride that's I dunno...over a minute in length? Also if you're wrapping this as some great gift for the 50th, maybe it would be nice if it was unique to WDW.

eddie104

Martin beat me to it, but the sight lines are going to be a huge problem when this is built. It won't ruin the whole park, but it will detract immensely from the theming of the lands. I'm excited to ride it, since I'm not going to Shanghai anytime soon. I just think the general consensus is that if you want to ruin the sight lines of the park, maybe give us a ride that's I dunno...over a minute in length? Also if you're wrapping this as some great gift for the 50th, maybe it would be nice if it was unique to WDW.
😂😂🙄

huwar18

I don't sit on Splash Mountain, see the castle and go "oh no, my sightlines."

That's your opinion, I'll wait to see the finished product of not only Tron, but the entire Tomorrowland redo, instead of complaining years before it's built.

I think a Tomorrowland Redo is overselling it. Imagine the same Tomorrowland just painted differently. Haha. Also, the sight-lines will be messed up when Tron is built. It is a massive building. The sight line argument reminds me of why Walt wanted the utilitidors. You are suppose to be immersed into the lands. If you see a massive futuristic building from Fantasyland, is that really immersive?

lazyboy97o

I think a Tomorrowland Redo is overselling it. Imagine the same Tomorrowland just painted differently. Haha. Also, the sight-lines will be messed up when Tron is built. It is a massive building. The sight line argument reminds me of why Walt wanted the utilitidors. You are suppose to be immersed into the lands. If you see a massive futuristic building from Fantasyland, is that really immersive?
The transition between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland has always been jarringly abrupt. This though won’t be a futuristic building on the Fantasyland side.

Bocabear

It's a lack of boundaries that harms the transition... when you looked across the hub and saw the gigantic gull-wing waterfalls and spires, it created a spectacular entry portal...the castle was the entry portal to Fantasyland, there was a sort of entry into Adventureland that now just resembles a patio pergola with some tropical just thrown on it... It would be nice to give all the lands a real sense of entry...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom