News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Movielover

I'm thinking "change the tires" was humor/metaphor or idiomatic expression.
It's genuinely hard to tell with that poster.

Actually depending on the coaster manufacturer and type of materials used the wheels of coaster cars have to be monitored and changed constantly. You should see the storage space that B&M coaster have to store new wheels.

This article explains it pretty well!

https://www.coaster101.com/2011/10/24/coasters-101-wheel-design/

GlacierGlacier

yensid67

I'm not into TRON, never seen it! But from the looks of the track I AM NOT IMPRESSED! Doesn't look as exciting as Everest, SM or BTMR> The track looks like it lacks a decent first drop! Maybe because I never seen TRON and maybe this is going to be a coaster that is more curvy than hilly!?

Capsin4

I'm not into TRON, never seen it! But from the looks of the track I AM NOT IMPRESSED! Doesn't look as exciting as Everest, SM or BTMR> The track looks like it lacks a decent first drop! Maybe because I never seen TRON and maybe this is going to be a coaster that is more curvy than hilly!?
I think the aesthetics of the ride contribute a lot to it as do the vehicles. The track isn’t hilly because it’s a launch coaster. It doesn’t need potential energy to generate Gs.

It’s a different level than BTMR.

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

I think the aesthetics of the ride contribute a lot to it as do the vehicles. The track isn’t hilly because it’s a launch coaster. It doesn’t need potential energy to generate Gs.

It’s a different level than BTMR.
Yes correct. You cannot compare this to Big Thunder, Everest, Space Mtn, any of those. You have to compare it to launch coaster like Rock n Roll or Guardians once it is built. These three will all be launch coasters, though a big difference will be guardians where it will launch you backwards, or so I hear. Basically you have to imagine a traditional steel coaster, minus any launch hills.

Kman101

Yeah, it's not just TRON being built which is the hope of getting Space Mt. fixed, but TRON and GotG and SDD all together easing the pain of SpMt being down two years for a complete refurb.

I hope.

*I Hope* (And I don't think they think the way we do)

Everyone thought Everest would go down after Pandora opened for some reason and that didn't happen ...

Kman101

I do think Space Mountain is much rougher than it was earlier in its life and it was supposed to get a full track replacement, but they got cheap.

It also feels very rough and dated compared to the other Space Mountains that use the DL layout.

It's absolutely rougher. But so is Matterhorn. They're the same. It makes sense. I'm kind of surprised by those who don't think it is. 10 years ago it was rough. It still is. Doesn't mean it's not fun but I feel like I'm about to fly out of the car or get decapitated.

KrazyKat

Thanks to bioreconstruct! Exterior building going up around the track.
CCC5DF58-F34A-47F5-94CA-0D4B1F004EBA.jpeg

DCLcruiser

I still think they missed a big opportunity by not making this double tracked and have two racing light cycle vehicles (difference colors like one yellow and one blue). Would have been a cool effect while riding and while seeing them outside, while also doubling capacity.
Just like the movie...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It's absolutely rougher. But so is Matterhorn. They're the same. It makes sense. I'm kind of surprised by those who don't think it is. 10 years ago it was rough. It still is. Doesn't mean it's not fun but I feel like I'm about to fly out of the car or get decapitated.

I think the difference with Matterhorn is that you can see the turns coming (though I haven't ridden it at night) and can prep yourself for the roughness a bit better. I also expect a mountain themed coaster to be rough.....I don't expect a space journey to be rough if that makes sense.

azox

Based on Bioreconstructs photos it looks like many of the footings for the canopy are quickly going in place. Likewise most of the outer portion of the track also has most of the concrete in place. It will be very interesting to watch them build the canopy.

azox

After looking at this drawing I am still wondering how are they going to route the train through the Tron attraction. Does anyone have an idea of where they are going to run the tracks through the many concrete footings they put down?

Based on Bioreconstructs photos it looks like many of the footings for the canopy are quickly going in place. Likewise most of the outer portion of the track also has most of the concrete in place. It will be very interesting to watch them build the canopy.

View attachment 386926

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom