News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

Looks pretty much like the one in Shanghai. It was the ride I most looked forward to there, that said, I hope it gets a little more theming on the actual ride. The buildup in the line falls just a bit short on actually riding it.
Will the WDW version of Tron have a dual track?? It would increase capacity and allow the trains to actually race.
When WDW built their version of Splash, the increased the capacity so I am hoping for the same for TRON.
In terms of show, it is a direct lift from Shanghai.

gerarar

Premium Member
Pictures courtesy of the forbidden site.. Track piece being staged for installation on support columns!

Any word on the Space Mountain building structure being altered at all to better match the aesthetics of Tron? I'm excited for it, but the two structures don't compliment each other nor Tomorrowland in the slightest.

Flynnwriter

Tron is exactly the same as the one in Shanghai, minus the sleek, curving ramps that lead up to it and the Tomorrowland that fits its architecture. In place of the gorgeous, $$$ ramp, we get 2 escalators.

IMDREW

Tron is exactly the same as the one in Shanghai, minus the sleek, curving ramps that lead up to it and the Tomorrowland that fits its architecture. In place of the gorgeous, $$$ ramp, we get 2 escalators.
As much as I dislike the escalators in the concept art, this way should make the sightlines inside the land better. It’s a beautiful ramp in shanghai, but being that far away and up at the same time reveals the big blue box behind the curve. Though we will probably still see the box from storybook circus and fantasyland..

jt04

As much as I dislike the escalators in the concept art, this way should make the sightlines inside the land better. It’s a beautiful ramp in shanghai, but being that far away and up at the same time reveals the big blue box behind the curve. Though we will probably still see the box from storybook circus and fantasyland..

Unlike the GotG building, they will have to theme the Tron gravity building if visible from Fantasyland. Eventually. IMO.

IveBeenJack

So yesterday whilst walking around MK, I decided to take a look at the coaster development again, not expecting anything special, just more support beams installed, and then BAM... first piece of track has now been installed for a low banked turn. Seems that the coaster track will be installed fairly quickly, however they've still got quite a lot of work on the canopy, and show building component of the ride.
batch_IMG_4027.JPG
batch_IMG_4036.JPG
batch_IMG_4047.JPG

trainplane3

So yesterday whilst walking around MK, I decided to take a look at the coaster development again, not expecting anything special, just more support beams installed, and then BAM... first piece of track has now been installed for a low banked turn. Seems that the coaster track will be installed fairly quickly, however they've still got quite a lot of work on the canopy, and show building component of the ride.View attachment 373425View attachment 373426View attachment 373427
And an aerial of the track so far:

For a point of reference, load is at the bottom and TL is at the top.

As they shouldn't! It's beautiful and iconic.

Only thing they should change is the tracks inside the ride.
By itself? Absolutely. Next to Tron? Not at all. The juxtaposition between the two right next to each other isn't the greatest. Tron is sleek and curvy, while Space Mountain has a very linear structure. They don't mix well visually next to each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom