News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Buried20KLeague

Shanghai doesn't have Space Mountain as the Tomorrowland weenie.

Then maybe they shouldn’t be putting a giant neon glowing, music pulsing, bass thumping, kinetic, outdoor visable coaster distraction right next to it.

Trust me... nobody’s gonna be looking at Space Mountain as currently shown with this thing next to it.

It’ll take a serious lighting package upgrade for people to care. Which I would welcome. But don’t expect. It should have been done 10 years ago.

RandySavage

Tron gets high marks for its ride experience, but - from me - low marks for its integration and sightlines (in Shanghai. In MK, we will see, but I'm not optimistic). The "Box" (coaster shed) is the problem. It's a backstage building that is essentially placed "on-stage". In Shanghai, Tomorrowland is completely curvaceous, making the squared-off Box feel visually discordant and stand out even more. The design strategy attempts to distract from the Box by trying to draw the eye to the flashy Cover. But allowing the Box to still be visibly dominant from so many angles is far below best-practice and less than what I expect from Disney.

The best solution would have been to design the showbuilding to be an attractive, integrated part of the "on-show" land (i.e., curvy, in a futuristic way). That's expensive and won't be happening in MK, where at least it won't be viewed from elevated pathways (except while on the Peoplemover).

Hoping a tree-berm will help mitigate the Box from Circus & Fantasyland.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Whoa! That's what this is like? I love the way you described it by the way.... I don't know whether to be excited or terrified. Made me laugh, though.

Well, maybe the joker had a say in it. Nevertheless, TL needs a lot of work.

Bocabear

In person it is sort of like a techno dance club and futuristic shopping mall...It is pretty (except for the visible box)...It is nice architecture...but it lacks something. Asian cities are full of futuristic amazing architecture...This looks much the same but lacks whimsy and fun... Just a little too serious looking. Thank God at night the colored kinetic lighting makes it festive. I am sure they will add a lighting package to Space Mountain to help it blend a little better.
What we really need is the Treasure Cove section somehow added to the park...That area is fully fleshed out, beautiful and whimsical...feels like a Disney Park, not a shopping center dance club.

Buried20KLeague

In person it is sort of like a techno dance club and futuristic shopping mall...It is pretty (except for the visible box)...It is nice architecture...but it lacks something. Asian cities are full of futuristic amazing architecture...This looks much the same but lacks whimsy and fun... Just a little too serious looking. Thank God at night the colored kinetic lighting makes it festive. I am sure they will add a lighting package to Space Mountain to help it blend a little better.
What we really need is the Treasure Cove section somehow added to the park...That area is fully fleshed out, beautiful and whimsical...feels like a Disney Park, not a shopping center dance club.

I'll put money on it that they WON'T upgrade SM's lighting. Not within, say, 3 years.

I'd also love Treasure Cove. Especially if their Pirates comes with it.

I'd also take the crowds in the area the couple days we were there... We had a little room to stretch out..

npi9f6.jpg

Bocabear

I'll put money on it that they WON'T upgrade SM's lighting. Not within, say, 3 years.

I'd also love Treasure Cove. Especially if their Pirates comes with it.

I'd also take the crowds in the area the couple days we were there... We had a little room to stretch out..

npi9f6.jpg
That is exactly what it looked like when I was there... and the park is massive... There is a ton of dead space between attractions...

aladdin2007

Tron gets high marks for its ride experience, but - from me - low marks for its integration and sightlines (in Shanghai. In MK, we will see, but I'm not optimistic). The "Box" (coaster shed) is the problem. It's a backstage building that is essentially placed "on-stage". In Shanghai, Tomorrowland is completely curvaceous, making the squared-off Box feel visually discordant and stand out even more. The design strategy attempts to distract from the Box by trying to draw the eye to the flashy Cover. But allowing the Box to still be visibly dominant from so many angles is far below best-practice and less than what I expect from Disney.

The best solution would have been to design the showbuilding to be an attractive, integrated part of the "on-show" land (i.e., curvy, in a futuristic way). That's expensive and won't be happening in MK, where at least it won't be viewed from elevated pathways (except while on the Peoplemover).

Hoping a tree-berm will help mitigate the Box from Circus & Fantasyland.

I dont think Disney cares so much anymore sadly,,,looking at you guardians..

wdwgreek

Looked at this construction plot today from the people mover it is quite a big project. The train tracks are ripped up it appears!

Bocabear

If you been there on a very busy day, It is not dead space it is people space!
No...dead space... Long wide walkways with nothing on either side except dense greenery... and the walkways are crazy wide...and there is a lot of unused space between the attractions and land... Lots...

dreamfinder

No...dead space... Long wide walkways with nothing on either side except dense greenery... and the walkways are crazy wide...and there is a lot of unused space between the attractions and land... Lots...

The week before I went, the carousel had a wait time of 2 hours. For the carousel........ I didn't dare even look at the wait time for Pirates or Tron. Yes, the walkways are huge there, but goodness, I'd hate to see how many people actually show up to make the wait 2 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom