News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

PorterRedkey

Replace the arcade building with another sky transportation system that gives guests a high flying overview of New Tommowland. Theme the vehicles as mini TRON's solar ships from the original movie.

Or something more like the original concept art.

Never gonna happen, but a man can dream. I wanted to ride one of these solar ships since I first saw the movie in '82. 🤓

tonymu

Premium Member
What if they make a big opening in the back of the shop/old arcade and then you can go through the inside or around the outside?

Bocabear

To be fair, I'm excited about Tron, and glad to see that they are keeping the speedway and making visible progress. I have been going to Disney since before most people on these forums were born, and I can still be excited about something new. 😊
Yes you can... My first trip to WDW was 1971, so yeah, I know what it is like to feel that way...Just disappointed they did not take the opportunity to do something wonderful with the speedway instead of just make it shorter than ever...this is it's second trim. I was really hoping that they would have done something amazing with the Speedway, like take it inside a show building on "the grid" to add a little dazzle and excitement since they are making it shorter...

Last edited:

T.Will

Yes you can... My forst trip to WDW was 1971, so yeah, I know what it is like to feel that way...Just disappointed they did not take the opportunity to do something wonderful with the speedway instead of just make it shorter than ever...this is it's second trim. I was rerally hoping that they would have done something amazing with the Speedway, like take it inside a show building on "the grid" to add a little dazzle and excitement since they are making it shorter...
I remember hearing that a retheme of Speedway would come after the track rework if the budget allowed. I don't think a show building would be part of it, but a revamp is what the attraction needs.

disneyC97

Yes you can... My first trip to WDW was 1971, so yeah, I know what it is like to feel that way...Just disappointed they did not take the opportunity to do something wonderful with the speedway instead of just make it shorter than ever...this is it's second trim. I was really hoping that they would have done something amazing with the Speedway, like take it inside a show building on "the grid" to add a little dazzle and excitement since they are making it shorter...
Actually it's fourth trim!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
They can go vertical with two helixes. Less footprint, more raceway.
Or they can take the moving sidewalk they just took out of Space Mountain and hook it up so that 6 cars can simultaneously run on it in the same spot with screens all around them to make it look like they're on an outdoor track. That will fit the Tron theme perfectly, since none of those vehicles in the movie actually went anywhere, either...

ChewbaccaYourMum

Or they can take the moving sidewalk they just took out of Space Mountain and hook it up so that 6 cars can simultaneously run on it in the same spot with screens all around them to make it look like they're on an outdoor track. That will fit the Tron theme perfectly, since none of those vehicles in the movie actually went anywhere, either...
Wait.... is the moving sidewalk gone forever?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom