News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

JohnD

I was at WDW this past weekend. What is that pile of dirt on the other side of SpM? (Between SpM and the CM Tomorrowland entrance).

Indy_UK

I'm kinda glad Disney can't use Marvel in WDW so for me when I go to Paris which is nearer to me, Marvel land is going to be there and something special.

I know it would have costed a ton more but I just wish the Galaxy Edge additions were different.

JohnD

Legit question, with Tron coming to MK from Shanghai, and Ratatouille coming to EPCOT from DLP, is there anything to the thought that perhaps Disney is looking at the forign parks as a sort of testing ground to gauge popularity of new attractions without having to be the sole bearer of R&D costs, etc?

If the just-announced Zootopia for Shanghai Disney gets added to AK, ugh.

lazyboy97o

Those guys need to count the number of rides they have that were cloned from the US parks and the development moolah that saved them.
That would only really apply to Tokyo Disneyland during its early years. The initial build-out of Hong Kong Disneyland had the SAR responsible for the infrastructure and Disney responsible for the park and hotels. Hong Kong Disneyland was announced as a larger, much more unique park than what opened.

lazyboy97o

Not necessarily lazy, but certainly more efficient and cost-conscious.

It's significantly less expensive to port an existing ride than create a new one.
Significant is probably over stating the savings. Lots of work has to be done to make a design acceptable and Disney rarely truly copies like-for-like, even when it is essentially the same.

csm

I don't mind cloned rides coming to US parks as long as it's awesome stuff like TRON. Would love clones of Shanghai Pirates, Mystic Manor, Journey to the Center of the Earth at WDW!

TRON really isn't in the same conversation as Pirates, Journey to the Center of the Earth or even Mystic Manor. You're talking entirely different leagues of attractions.

TRON is fine -- but it's hardly on the level of the others in your list. I'd rather have TRON than nothing at Magic Kingdom, but I'd rather have a whole lot of things before I settle for TRON.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom