News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

tomast

I would really prefered a break it ralph atraction with the tomorowland arcade mixture. Tron?? really?
Thats the best the can come with? SpaceMountain + Test Track + lame Ip

Kman101

Most of that merchandise is finding it's way to the discount rack. As most people anticipated, the demand for Avatar merchandise is limited at best. The banshees were seemingly a flash in the pan success but that has certainly tapered off. They've been at the outlets as well.

Doesn't help it's mostly ugly merchandise ... a lot of Everest merch is at the outlets too.

Dizmentia

Doesn't help it's mostly ugly merchandise ... a lot of Everest merch is at the outlets too.
Most of that merchandise is finding it's way to the discount rack. As most people anticipated, the demand for Avatar merchandise is limited at best. The banshees were seemingly a flash in the pan success but that has certainly tapered off. They've been at the outlets as well.

I was in Animal Kingdom and the Vineland Disney Outlet this past week. And I visited Pandora a few months after it first opened. It is interesting to see what is happening with the merchandise. The Outlet had the big latex creature figures, generic mugs, generic bags, and Direhorse action figures. In the park, the plush toy line seems to be popular still. The banshees were available at different stores in Animal Kingdom. There was a brand new tall, adult Navi plush that "Just Arrived" for sale at Island Mercantile and WindTraders. I actually bought it. It is similar to the Jack Skellington plush that's been for sale, with limbs that can be posed. I saw a family pushing one of the plush in a stroller with their kid that same day.

HMF

One-way synergy, yes.

But Fronteirland was much more intense synergy. Davy Crockett was one of the most popular TV shows of the time. A TV show made specifically to synergize with the Fronteirland portion of the park.
There is a difference between being based on a generalized theme that could cross-promote a specific IP compard to the current obsession of specifically building around a particular IP.

tomast

There is a difference between being based on a generalized theme that could cross-promote a specific IP compard to the current obsession of specifically building around a particular IP.
Yeah, there are diferent scopes on ip-theming. You can build a "Animation area", you can build a pixar pier/land or you can build a Toy Story land.
On the first you can mix&match many IPs and non-IPs atractions, on the second one you can still mix Ips but with the condition they are all from Pixar and on the third one you can only put Toy Story atractions. And the 3 of theme could be build with one specific atraction in mind

GlacierGlacier

I fail to see how that is relevant to my post. Fronteirland is still an implementation of synergy - albeit a much more successful and preferable implementation. I was correcting the statement that Fantasyland was the only one originally which was synergistic.

RSoxNo1

There was an initial rush, like any new thing, but there are few attractions/properties in the park that drive merchandise. A ride's popularity doesn't mean the merchandise for the ride will be popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom