News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

Well, I guess it depends on how much was carried over from Back to the Future, because in that case, it would be around 27 years old.

That's true. I said before that the vehicle feels every bit it's age. But it shouldn't. I get it. I'm not trying to be overly critical it's just a bit disappointing it's not in better shape. The attraction itself isn't that old but the building and vehicles are. I get it, I try not to be picky but, like with Disney, I know they can do better. They're focused on growth, I get it. They'll circle back around to fixing up the Studios. Again, "wants" vs. "needs". But I hope the Studios gets some love. I feel like they kind of wasted some time building Fallon and Supercharged, personally. Wastes of time and money. (With a better attraction F&F would have been the perfect addition, even though I don't care about the IP at all)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

BREAKING NEWS...
Sorry to interrupt you, Chuck, from the coverage of the impending verdict in this trial that will determine the fate of those who putatively orchestrated one of the greatest humanitarian crisis of our times, but we're getting word that a sign has gone up announcing the arrival of an attraction at the Magic Kingdom which was already announced. And we're just getting confirmation that is indeed the very much expected TRON Light Cycle ride.
Andrea, is the sign in the place where we already know it is going and where we've already seen construction preparation?​
Yes, we can now confirm that that is indeed its location.
OK, then, I'll throw this back to you, Andrea, and the experts in the studio to discuss this breaking news.​

Captain Barbossa

So will the WDWRR be running or not? They could make it work, they would just have to put the locomotive in reverse. Kind of like the operation they ran when Splash was being built. There’s a few options on how they could run without going between Fantasyland and Main Street Stations.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So will the WDWRR be running or not? They could still run, they would just have to put the locomotive in reverse. Kind of like the operation they ran when Splash was being built. There’s a few options on how they could run without going between Fantasyland and Main Street Stations.

Since it says that it will be parked at the Main Street Station, I would assume it's not going to be running at all.

Spash007

Given that the Speedway will be returning as the same attraction, does that mean that besides a track adjustment, there will be no other updates to the cars, aesthetics, etc?

Giraffiki

While I appreciate the work Martin does, I think it was quite obvious from both the concept art released (however different it might be from whatever internal art exists), and the existing pathway next to Space gift shop that the path in question had to be widened, and there simply isn't enough space on the park side of the tracks to squeeze whatever walking space is coming without touching the Speedway attraction path. It always had to be re-routed and shortened to fit TRON in

Rteetz

While I appreciate the work Martin does, I think it was quite obvious from both the concept art released (however different it might be from whatever internal art exists), and the existing pathway next to Space gift shop that the path in question had to be widened, and there simply isn't enough space on the park side of the tracks to squeeze whatever walking space is coming without touching the Speedway attraction path. It always had to be re-routed and shortened to fit TRON in
I don’t think it “had” to be. They just chose to go that route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom