News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

smile

They’re hiding a clean monorail beam back there.

:hilarious:

eyes straight, mister

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8946-1400188132-4.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did some research and it sounds like GotG is projected to be spring 2021 and TRON will open summer 2021. Someone correct me if i am wrong though.
You’re probably right, my brain is tired this morning lol.

From the rumor tracker... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/
TRON Coaster has been announced at D23 Expo 2017​

• Expected to be completed Spring 2021 [here]
Future World pavilions:​

• Energy - A replacement for Ellen's Energy Adventure will be a Guardian of the Galaxy coaster. [confirmed at D23 2017]
    • Opens Spring 2021 [here]

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Guardians early 2021, Tron early summer 2021.

Interesting... seemed that the two projects were of comparable sizes and opening at comparable times, yet the TRON project seems so much further behind than the GotG attraction. Is the GotG project really than much bigger/more complex than the TRON project, or is this more of an issue of construction crews where certain crews will start at GotG than move to do similar work on the TRON site after their portion has completed at GotG?

crxbrett

Interesting... seemed that the two projects were of comparable sizes and opening at comparable times, yet the TRON project seems so much further behind than the GotG attraction. Is the GotG project really than much bigger/more complex than the TRON project, or is this more of an issue of construction crews where certain crews will start at GotG than move to do similar work on the TRON site after their portion has completed at GotG?

Also, the main queue building for GotG was already built since they are just re-purposing the UoE building. I imagine that saved 2-4 months worth of construction time right there that the TRON project was unable to do.

lazyboy97o

Disney does not act as their own general contractor. There is no moving crews back and forth. Each project is a separate job and if multiple projects share a contractor then that is an internal employee scheduling issue, not a Disney scheduling issue. Even with owner completed work, Disney has separate project teams because Walt Disney Imagineering is much larger than a handful of people.

Still don't get why it takes 3+ years to build a clone of a ride that they've already built.
Because that 3 years includes a year of design.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom