News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

smile

I was trying to figure out what year the pics were from. I love guessing, so i am going to! I think the one with all the people eating inside is most likely somewhere between '88-'91, or maybe even '92.

yeah, late 80's / early 90's looking at the people in the first pic...
guy in the 3rd pic looks like he's been watching over that cart as a favor for someone on a 45 min bathroom run... and he's about to walk

rle4lunch

guy in the 3rd pic looks like he's been watching over that cart as a favor for someone on a 45 min bathroom run... and he's about to walk

Yeah, looks like the late 80s to me. Lots of memories of those exact colors down there when i was a kid.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
is that earth?
i don't see one single nose in a phone, but i do see a mention of 'telephones' on an arrow sign - was that in communicore? an exhibit of a television phone or something like skype?

in unrelated news...
got a year on these, by chance?
I was trying to figure out what year the pics were from. I love guessing, so i am going to! I think the one with all the people eating inside is most likely somewhere between '88-'91, or maybe even '92.
Yeah, looks like the late 80s to me. Lots of memories of those exact colors down there when i was a kid.
Yeah, the design appears to be way earlier eighties, even seventies, but the clothes/dress seems to be later eighties, even nineties.

They’re Tomorrowland mid 1970s. By the 80s the colour palette had changed.

smile

They’re Tomorrowland mid 1970s. By the 80s the colour palette had changed.

thanks, martin.

wow - never would have guessed mid-70's based on the people alone...
didn't make it to the 80's, huh? odd - memory was connecting dots that weren't there.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
NoooOoooOooooo not the 70's colors........:bored:. Will be thrown back into my Mother's family room.....so much would prefer silvers blues and purples to orange, yellow, brownso_O.....what would John Hench say?!?!?!:bookworm:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
hench-4.jpg

crxbrett

Wow, I was way off about the photo timeline. I think the kid with the backwards cap probably threw me off somewhat since that wasn't really popular until the mid 80's. I am surprised hardly any males in the pic have big beards or moustaches or longer hair or sideburns. LOL I am studying this pic more and more now and am convinced it is closer to 1980 or 1981 looking at the hairstyles and colors (not the chairs or walls, the clothes people are wearing).

rle4lunch

Did you know your dad was in Dodgeball?
41E56A9100000578-0-image-a-118_1498971145253.jpg

Sorry, the mustache made it too hard to pass up.

It's odd not seeing a pool surrounded by fences.

Mutton chops were the coolest. They were the real-deal, unlike the phony hipster bearded idiots you see today. lol
FWIW, I think they came off shortly thereafter this trip. I'm pretty sure this is summer of 79 or 80.

azox

Has there been anymore construction related work for the tron coaster? I know someone posted that there were a few walls up a while back. Is there anything else started? is anything blocked off from the train?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom