News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I agree totally about it being kind of a weird, niche choice after the commercial disappointment of Legacy. Maybe they're banking on the motorbike cars and the lights giving it a cool factor to draw folks in, since the IP probably won't. I haven't ridden the original ride but based on videos, it doesn't seem like a terribly strong concept, in this age of fully-immersive IP experiences a la Potter and Star Wars -- those are extreme examples but even take a single-ride example like Guardians of the Galaxy at DCA. I worry the Tron coaster will be closer to the "decorated thrill ride" side of the spectrum rather than "immersive experience". And maybe that's fine on its own, but with Test Track down the road and Space Mountain literally next door, I fear decorations alone will feel like a rehash.

Give me a queue DJ booth with Daft Punk animatronics and I'll retract this post.
Love it!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I will second the soundtrack for tron legacy done by Daft Punk as being well done.
Anyone else put this on while running??!!
It is my “go to music” on days I need a little extra somethin’ somethin’
I’ll vouch for both movies soundtracks.

The mixes for the Legacy WoC tag and the current DHS Movie Magic show are also notable.

GlacierGlacier

I know this probably won’t make much sense to a lot of people, but it’s an average at best story but an awesome movie experience imo. The concepts, visuals, nostalgia and music are the things that a geek like me lives for. It’s far from a perfect movie by any definition but I love it and can’t wait for the ride. It’s also my go to movie to demonstrate my home theatre.
It's just like Avatar. Absolutely amazing visuals and concepts, great world-building, but poor/average story.

bclane

It's just like Avatar. Absolutely amazing visuals and concepts, great world-building, but poor/average story.
Great analogy and my feelings exactly. I really enjoy Avatar...but it isn't because of the story which was average at best imo. Can you imagine how epic it would have been had they come up with a story to match the amazing visuals and world building of Pandora?

SpoiledBlueMilk

Well I for one will sorely miss the walking path between Barnstormer and Space Mountain. I do smoke so it's a nice out of the way place to do it, since I am a stickler for rules and very careful not to inconvenience the other guests. Even if I didn't smoke, that path is a nice quiet place to sit and watch the train go by. RIP walking path.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well I for one will sorely miss the walking path between Barnstormer and Space Mountain. I do smoke so it's a nice out of the way place to do it, since I am a stickler for rules and very careful not to inconvenience the other guests. Even if I didn't smoke, that path is a nice quiet place to sit and watch the train go by. RIP walking path.
Will the path be gone? I thought there would still be a way to keep it.

Captain Neo

Great analogy and my feelings exactly. I really enjoy Avatar...but it isn't because of the story which was average at best imo. Can you imagine how epic it would have been had they come up with a story to match the amazing visuals and world building of Pandora?

Don't worry there are ten sequels coming up that will get that all sorted out

Princess Leia

I know this has been discussed before, but after being at MK a week and a half ago, the Tron coaster should have a positive effect on wait times for that side of the park (Fantasyland and Tomorrowland). While 7DMT typically has the longest wait times, I noticed that at night, Space Mountain could demand longer waits. I am so glad I had FPs for both in the morning, because the idea of waiting over an hour for either is ridiculous.

A note on Space Mountain- that was the only ride I went on during my trip that I said “That was really rough.” I know people on this site have been mentioning that for who knows how long, but I really didn’t think it was going to be that bad. I was wrong; it is. I had fun, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think I would ride it again unless it went under a refurb.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom