News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Jones14

Any reasonable reason why these 2 projects are so expensive? Or is it just Disney being Disney?

The canopy for TRON ate up a huge chunk of the original’ budget. Even then, it’s a lot of Disney being Disney.

I'd imagine, too, that any changes to Tomorrowland (paths, paint, etc.) that affect the area surrounding TRON, as well as the Speedway upgrades, are being included in the overall cost.

matt9112

I don't have any but that's not saying a lot.

Personally I see this project as poor value for money and a knee jerk reaction. For what it's costing, Space could've got the work it so needs, the Speedway could have been vastly improved and a cutting edge, suitable TRON dark ride style attraction could have been built.

isn't that the underlying elephant in the room regardless of how you feel about the product there's no argument that Disney pays far more than should be needed. aka poor value even when rides are well done?

britain

I’m confused by this. I would expect things like the Battle Escape Ride, Pirates in Shanghai, and Mystic Manor to be in the ridiculously high price range. But coasters? I guess I just don’t see where the money goes.

I would bet that @marni1971 had coasters on his mind when he said that. No way either of those are costing more than battle escape.

BrianLo

The showbuilding is visible from more than just the upper level.

I’m usually not one to trumpet plopping in things 1:1 not designed originally for a Park, but I actually think the most egregious views will not be applicable. It’s the side profile when traversing to Fantasyland and the backside as in the new Toy Story land at SDL, which won’t really apply. (Side is hidden more by Space, back faces out of the park). I can’t recall how it looks down by the Star Wars Launch Bay thing. That’s the view more towards Storybook circus, which could be worrying.

I’m at the same time acknowledging it should be fully hidden and I don’t think they will do that unfortunately.

Jones14

Depends if you believe that rumour. Or the FoP one. Or the Alcatraz one.
DLP needs the FOP tech the most out of those options. They've got two launched coasters already, and I'm not sure that Alcatraz alone would sway European guests away from the States, especially since WDW is getting Rat. Using the FoP tech gives them the opportunity to bring a unique experience (both ride system and IP, assuming the plan is to use Marvel instead of Avatar) overseas. The last thing Paris needs right now is a direct clone.

dennis-in-ct

That's a good question. I know what the MK version cost is. It is a very large sum, only currently eclipsed by the Guardians of Epcot project.

I thought the whole point of building the same attraction in multiple parks was to make the rides more affordable. I would think the MK version would be much cheaper than Shanghai due to the existing engineering and building plans - etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom