News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

No Name

You can see all four corners of the big blue box in Shanghai, which is impressively appalling. Here are some images for your viewing displeasure. Hopefully this post is allowed, I know pictures of nudity are frowned upon.

First is a view from within the land, second is some side- from Celebration Cafe, third is the rear end from the Toy Story Hotel. These do not directly apply to MK, but that doesn't mean it won't have its own issues.

trooo5.PNG trooo3.PNG trooo4.PNG

Arguably worse is when you get up close. The ride has you blatantly entering the show building, and people watching can get a similarly-bad view.

upload_2017-11-20_23-56-24.png

Photos are from Attractions 360 and Theme Park University.

There are plenty more pictures I could include but you get the point. They kind of threw in the towel on this one. It would be naive to think that this lower standard won't exist in MK's. I hope for the best but fear for the worst.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

You can see all four corners of the big blue box in Shanghai, which is impressively appalling. Here are some images for your viewing displeasure. Hopefully this post is allowed, I know pictures of nudity are frowned upon.

First is a view from within the land, second is some side-**** from Celebration Cafe, third is the rear end from the Toy Story Hotel. These do not directly apply to MK, but that doesn't mean it won't have its own issues.

View attachment 245691 View attachment 245689 View attachment 245690

Arguably worse is when you get up close. The ride has you blatantly entering the show building, and people watching can get a similarly-bad view.

View attachment 245686

There are plenty more pictures I could include but you get the point. They kind of threw in the towel on this one. It would be naive to think that this lower standard won't exist in MK's. I hope for the best but fear for the worst.

At the very least, the Magic Kingdom's thicker tree growth and the fact the building will be 15' lower than the guest areas of the park will help. Will it be perfect? Probably not. That's too much to hope for from 2017 Disney.

cjkeating

First is a view from within the land, second is some side-**** from Celebration Cafe, third is the rear end from the Toy Story Hotel. These do not directly apply to MK, but that doesn't mean it won't have its own issues.

View attachment 245691 View attachment 245689 View attachment 245690

View attachment 245686

I think the least they could do is paint/decorate the show building that is visible from the outside portion of the ride/queue with the pattern used in the curved roof?

JBIRDTO

The concept art (could change) clearly shows the blue box behind the canopy. My concern is more around the view from the entrance/entry to the park and from the Contemporary hotel. Trees could do a lot to hide. Perhaps we will see some light theming. It's fun to speculate and worry :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The concept art (could change) clearly shows the blue box behind the canopy. My concern is more around the view from the entrance/entry to the park and from the Contemporary hotel. Trees could do a lot to hide. Perhaps we will see some light theming. It's fun to speculate and worry :)

Here's the view from the Contemporary. The white outline is the big box, the blue is the canopy...

upload_2017-11-21_9-57-50.png

Here's an even more disheartening view from the Contemporary...

upload_2017-11-21_9-59-7.png

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't think the difference would need explaining.
I know the difference, I think we tend to blow things out of proportion, this being one of those times. Will it be viable? Probably. Will it change the way you perceive Magic Kingdom as a whole? Probably not.

Does Rock'in Roller Coaster ruin DHS for you?

peter11435

I know the difference, I think we tend to blow things out of proportion, this being one of those times. Will it be viable? Probably. Will it change the way you perceive Magic Kingdom as a whole? Probably not.

The Rock'n Roller Coaster gravity building was designed to be a 'soundstage' in a park meant to be a studio full of 'soundstages.'

MK is not supposed to be a park full of warehouses.

Incomudro

Agreed.
Some things need complete theming.
FoP wouldn't work in Pandora for instance as an unthemed show building.
But seeing part of a building in Tommorowland?
Doesn't bother me any more than RnR like you said.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The Rock'n Roller Coaster gravity building was designed to be a 'soundstage' in a park meant to be a studio full of 'soundstages.'

MK is not supposed to be a park full of warehouses.
Just my humble option, but I feel it was just nice convenience to "design" it as a soundstage.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I won't disagree that it was convenient. But it worked. We can't say for sure what they would have done had the soundstage option not been fitting.

In the case of tron they didn't even try.
Well, at least they themed the Flight of Passage and Nav'i buildings, that could have been a disaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom