News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

glendroid

I've been on TRON in Shanghai about 7 times... When I first saw the POVs from park opening I was pretty underwhelmed due to length of the ride. However after riding this.. It's a truly fantastic modern day Disney coaster.

The launch I around 60 mph however compared to RnRC, the launch is smoother and less lurch inducing. Turns and movement are very smooth with the ride not really having any drops. I would say the track is pretty comparable to Space Mountain in Disneyland in terms of smoothness. What gives an otherwise tame coaster some excitement is the bike setup for seating. After riding it multiple times, I see why they chose the length they did as any longer and I could see the seating position being slightly uncomfortable as you are leaned forward like a speed bike vs the more upright of FoP in AK. The last cart in some vehicles does have a normal sit down option for those with mobility issues. I requested this cart twice to try it and the ride was still very fun.

In terms of atmosphere and queue.. It's incredible. It's so rare to step in to a line up that amps you up for whats coming. Most queues entertain or encourage me to take in my surroundings.. Tron with the lights, special video window, launching coaster and that amazing Daft Punk score just had me blown away in excitement. It's a feeling that's hard to convey.. but its something else.

As for my feelings about it being in MK... It ends up looking pretty good and will be beautiful at night. Thrill wise, It would for sure be the most intense attraction in MK. However it's not nearly as intense as RnRC is for comparison. It's way smoother and less jerky than BTMR and as I mentioned very similar in feel to Space Mountain in Disneyland but just add a launch. Only concern is how Americans feel about the seating. Seeing how much of a fuss the kicked up regarding FoP, I can see this being worse as you kind of lean forward more like being on a motorbike... It got uncomfortable by the end of the ride.

I documented a bunch of TRON in a travel VLOG (Shanghai, Tokyo & HKDL). So feel free to check it out. day time TRON/Tomorrowland starts at 48 seconds and I took a small on ride clip from the modified rider vehicle. Also includes Queue and area stuff. Make sure to watch the amazing window effect at 1:21 (You also can see the launch and how smooth it is)!
More Tron but at night time from 2:35 on wards as well!

seabreezept813

Don't know anything about TRON, but still excited for this--whereas I know about Guardians, but don't really care about them. Hoping that after they go coaster crazy they'll go water ride crazy. Still amazed that in Florida they only have Rapids and Splash.

Bairstow

Don't know anything about TRON, but still excited for this--whereas I know about Guardians, but don't really care about them. Hoping that after they go coaster crazy they'll go water ride crazy. Still amazed that in Florida they only have Rapids and Splash.
Doesn't bother me. I've never appreciated having to get soaking wet to ride all the good stuff at Islands... or finding wet seats at restaurants and theaters left by people who already have. They have places for water rides- they're called water parks.

More coasters like Tron are always welcome because you don't get a rash.

EOD K9

So I've ridden the Tron coaster twice when I visited Shanghai last fall. Overall an amazing attraction that I welcome to MK. Here are some thoughts/insights I have right now:

Seating:
The seating is sort of similar to FoP where you straddle a seat and there's back and leg restraints. However, on Tron you are sitting a bit more forward/angled where your torso is at an angle. As far as accommodating people of various sizes, it'll probably have a similar situation to FoP where larger people have a harder time of fitting but we won't know until it opens. I'm guessing if you have a bigger mid-section, the restraint might not properly close/lock down on your back. Btw, the seat was able to accommodate my 6'4 slim brother-in-law.

My big issue with Tron was how it affected my neck. I love roller coasters but Tron was the first coaster where the G-forces gave me an uncomfortable feeling on my neck. I think this in itself is something people should also think about as it would make the coaster less accessible.

Loose items:
Regarding cellphones/sunglasses/other smaller loose items, there is a small compartment where you can stow them away near where you would hold the handlebars of the lightcycle.
How many Gs are you pulling?

doctornick

I think it would make sense to have at least one "you will get wet" ride at each park. Not that you have to get drenched, but given the climate in Florida, it would be nice to have the option. DHS in particular is crying out for such a ride (well, for a bunch of rides, but a water ride would be great).

Bairstow

I think it would make sense to have at least one "you will get wet" ride at each park. Not that you have to get drenched, but given the climate in Florida, it would be nice to have the option. DHS in particular is crying out for such a ride (well, for a bunch of rides, but a water ride would be great).

On the other hand, if you put all your water rides in one park, as Universal has done, you can plan on wearing trunks that day, or hitting them all in a row and then going back to your room to change.
The downside to spreading these things out across multiple parks is that riders have to plan on getting wet on every day of their visit, which can be a hassle in terms of backpacks, clothing, footwear, underwear, etc.
Splash Mountain is a great compromise in that it's a water ride that rarely gets people particularly wet.

Spike-in-Berlin

no no no a roller coaster at Adventureland is terrible!

Sorry but IMHO the once planned Fire Mountain morphing rollercoaster for an Adventureland expansion pad to the southwest is among the most ambitious, thrilling and mind-boggling attractions that were ever designed for a Disney theme park. Who doesn't like the idea of a volcano mountain of epic dimensions with a rollercoaster in a South Seas setting the southwest of the MK?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom