News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DCBaker

Premium Member
The ramp is open to everyone up to the restrooms today.

15FD3DD3-14B4-48F9-8064-E7CEE054216E.jpeg

Magenta Panther

So here's a video about Tron by Disney vlogger Kevin Heimbach. Heimbach is a former Disney park cast member. Very honest guy, and a funny guy, and he's still in touch with current Disney cast members. Now, FWIW, I like the idea of a Tron attraction - it's based on an original Disney creation, after all - and I saw a video of the original Tron ride, and thought it looked cool (and said so on these forums).

But, according to this video...yikes.

StantonZ

So here's a video about Tron by Disney vlogger Kevin Heimbach. Heimbach is a former Disney park cast member. Very honest guy, and a funny guy, and he's still in touch with current Disney cast members. Now, FWIW, I like the idea of a Tron attraction - it's based on an original Disney creation, after all - and I saw a video of the original Tron ride, and thought it looked cool (and said so on these forums).

The only thing I'm sorry about...is that I gave this guy a "click".
Yes, he's funny, and his video/editing skills are excellent...but how can you be so negative about this ride? He criticizes things that are so petty it makes me discount his other complaints (so he doesn't like "riding a bike"--that doesn't mean it's faulty)!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

He really liked it and he was also BRUTALLY HONEST!!!

And more BRUTAL HONESTY!! (He like it.)

Ayla

Thanks for the link. I agree with everything he said about the food, nastiness of components of Tron and the extremely shoddy construction finishing work. And that monorail sign literally TAPED together?!

Parker in NYC

Had a chance to ride during CM previews. It was fun. And that’s about it. Would never wait more than a half hour for it and certainly won’t set an alarm to get a boarding group.

Marc Davis Fan

Kevin Heimbach is certainly right to point out the bad show - both in terms of construction finishing / lack of theming, and in terms of maintenance. They're way below the standard that Disney created for itself.

As for the attraction, my reaction was that it's not much more than a roller coaster you'd find outside of Disney, with just a bit more pizzaz and of course a beautiful canopy at night. It simply doesn't contain the level of detail and design creativity that we've seen in other recent additions (and that we're used to historically). Basically, it has the same shortcomings as Rock n' Roller Coaster.

For those who haven't read it, I think the the Los Angeles Times review is really on point about the positives and the shortcomings: https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...isney-worlds-new-tron-ride-the-key-take-aways

Casper Gutman

He really liked it and he was also BRUTALLY HONEST!!!

And more BRUTAL HONESTY!! (He like it.)

So these reviews, from vloggers who tend to be inclined towards positivity...

The first concludes that if you expect it to be even shorter then it is, Tron's actual length isn't as disappointing, while the second literally says the ride is so uncomfortable that it's a good thing it's so short.

Glowing.

James Alucobond

So these reviews, from vloggers who tend to be inclined towards positivity...
Are they? The first one does nothing but wax poetic about an EPCOT he's not old enough to have ever experienced to the point that I just mute his update videos if I'm looking for footage of project progress. Not familiar with the other.

Though to be fair I mute basically everyone.

JoeCamel

Are they? The first one does nothing but wax poetic about an EPCOT he's not old enough to have ever experienced to the point that I just mute his update videos if I'm looking for footage of project progress. Not familiar with the other.

Though to be fair I mute basically everyone.
My main complaint with vloggers is they seem to think they are more interesting than their subject. Turn the camera around, only describe what you are showing and leave the "entertainment" and editorializing to someone who actually knows what they are doing. My eyeballs are too valuable to watch these people let alone listen to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom