News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

TQQQ

I'd say "quit your %&tchin'"

SDMT opened 9 years ago in 2014 and is still the hardest ride to get on in MK and thats short

Its a new ride in MK that desperately needed one..........

It changes the entire atmosphere at night in tomorrowland (and even beyond)

Short? Yeah, but so what........

Leaves you wanting to go back for more

Buried20KLeague

They should open Sindbad from Tokyo to make up for the 5 second ride that is Tron!

(Kidding....or am I?)

Then re-theme it to Brer Rabbit.

We've come full circle.

(Sindbad is the best ride in Sea. Hands down. A big part is which is because of where it's at and the care it receives. Imagine that ride in Florida.)

Casper Gutman

SDMT opened 9 years ago in 2014 and is still the hardest ride to get on in MK and thats short

You can’t see it from most of Tomorrowland.

What MK desperately needs is capacity, and this ain’t it. In fact, it’s horrible placement shuts off one of the most attractive expansion opportunities in the park, a big area that COULD have been used to meaningfully increase capacity.

Marc Davis Fan

There are interesting aesthetic differences between this version and Shanghai's including:
  • The narrow hallway upon entering looks like a circuit board instead of moving light patterns (cooler in Shanghai, IMHO)
  • The light pattern at final brake run is different (nearly a tie, but IMHO the Shanghai version works slightly better
One thing haven't heard definitively, though, is whether there are differences in the "disappearing wall" pre-show. In Shanghai, it's not really a pre-show, but just a room in the queue where you might catch the effect or might not. Sometimes, at least in the early days, apparently it was more like a pre-show because they filled the room, let the effect happen, and then opened the exit doors (but I've never seen footage of it working like this, and it didn't happen when I was there). Might the reported differences in the pre-show be that this one works more like an actual pre-show? A "real" pre-show would make it feel slightly more like a complete experience...

EDIT: Indeed, based on the Mickey Views queue video, the pre-show seems to be improved in exactly the way I'd hoped! See here:

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

While I agree, SDMT also highlights the problem with creating a ride with known problems like a short length, it’s 9 years later and one of its main descriptors is still “short”.

It highlights the problem at Disney right now, they know they can pick the inferior Imagineering design and people will still line up to ride it. Seven dwarfs was initially designed much longer but they shortened it to save money, the fact it’ll exist in the park for 50 years should have been reason enough to make it the best ride it could be but Disney puts budget over quality now.

Quality used to be priority #1, that is now budget, I’m not even sure quality is the #2 priority anymore, that seems to be inclusion… quality has fallen to third, that’s not good for the future of the parks.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
If you missed getting a Magic Kingdom Park Reservation as an Annual Passholder for opening day of TRON, it appears more reservations are available for April 4th -

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 2.39.06 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom