News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DisneyDean97

Please. It’s a box with some wavey bits.
Disney has been very coaster heavy lately, in regards to adding new attractions, and quite frankly they're just not good at it. They will never build a true thrill coaster, because they want to be "more family friendly", and they give us Tron, arguably the most boring launch coaster out there... and it still took them over a half of decade to build.
I miss the days that Disney would innovate with new ride systems, the EMV, ToT, Test Track etc.
Hell, even Everest had the fastest track switch when it opened, what is so special about Tron... we've have vekoma booster bikes since 2004...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney has been very coaster heavy lately, in regards to adding new attractions, and quite frankly they're just not good at it. They will never build a true thrill coaster, because they want to be "more family friendly", and they give us Tron, arguably the most boring launch coaster out there... and it still took them over a half of decade to build.
I miss the days that Disney would innovate with new ride systems, the EMV, ToT, Test Track etc.
Hell, even Everest had the fastest track switch when it opened, what is so special about Tron... we've have vekoma booster bikes since 2004...
"...more family friendly..."

Disney Analyst

Why? Disney’s completely broken project delivery process absolutely has an impact on guests. That many don’t know about it doesn’t mean it should just be ignored.

It doesn't factor into the general enjoyment of an attraction by the general public, so while it is something to be discussed on a message board, it has nothing to do with whether Tron is going to be a success or not... which is kinda what the discussion was about.

999th Happy Haunt

Really makes you think who’s copying who in Orlando.

Skibum1970

Why? Disney’s completely broken project delivery process absolutely has an impact on guests. That many don’t know about it doesn’t mean it should just be ignored.

A visitor going to Disney once ever other years or even every three years would go and think to themselves, "Sheesh, are they still working on this? I wonder what went wrong..."

J4546

judging by a recent video showing the exit pathway of tron, it seems like there will also be a small gift shop at the exit as well. it had a curtain over it in the vid but looked to be a pretty decent sized walkthrough style exit store

MagicHappens1971

Is there an accessible car on every train? If so, what if nobody in line needs that car? Are able-bodied people condemned to sit in the inferior car or does capacity suffer?
I don’t think so. I think your language in the rest of your response is rude but… I’m sure if you’d rather not sit in that seat they wouldn’t force you to. Granted that I don’t think there is one of those on every train, there will probably be a wait for it. At least initially

999th Happy Haunt

I don’t think so. I think your language in the rest of your response is rude but… I’m sure if you’d rather not sit in that seat they wouldn’t force you to. Granted that I don’t think there is one of those on every train, there will probably be a wait for it. At least initially
I don’t mean to be rude, but from what I heard is that the bike style seats are what makes the entire ride experience. I wouldn’t want for anyone to get so unlucky to go through the trouble of getting a boarding group at 7:00 in the morning (or worse, pay for ILL) only to get the inferior experience on the only ride they’re allowed that day.

Disney Analyst

Okay just watched a pretty thorough Vlog. As you exit the Tron Building itself, it does look like a Merch Shop is still being worked on:

1675735547476.png

1675735562231.png

(Screenshots taken from Kyle Pallo video)

UNCgolf

Okay just watched a pretty thorough Vlog. As you exit the Tron Building itself, it does look like a Merch Shop is still being worked on:

View attachment 696871

View attachment 696872

(Screenshots taken from Kyle Pallo video)

I assume they will have it all finished by the actual opening date -- that all looks backstage at the moment and I can't imagine they'll still have it like that for regular guests.

Disney Analyst

I assume they will have it all finished by the actual opening date -- that all looks backstage at the moment and I can't imagine they'll still have it like that for regular guests.

I assume it will look just like that, but no curtain, and the roller gate in the up position.

I just didn't see it confirmed before this that merch was included at the end, some theory of the Light and Power Co being both SM and Tron merch.

But this looks like it'll be some sort of shop.

RSoxNo1

I feel like you’re purposely being obtuse. DHS needed a physical expansion, not replacements for existing attractions. If DL can get SWGE and MMRR as actual expansions, DHS should have kept an updated Backlot Tour and GMR with SWGE as an expansion into the parking lot and with MMRR off of Animation Courtyard. They completely fumbled on the DHS renovation. We see the impact now when the park is packed nuts-to-butts on a quiet September afternoon.

And I am not one to complain about Rat, TRON, or Pandora.
Backlot Tour was no longer relevant to the production side of the park. As cool as that attraction was back in the day, it devolved to the point where it was no longer relevant. GMR on the other hand was more than salvageable. I wasn't a fan of GMR for the last 5+ years of it's existence, but it's closure was the biggest mistake in the history of that park. It will now take 2+ attractions to make up for the lost capacity that would have been addressed by building M&MRR elsewhere and a decent update to GMR.

There were other things that could have happened that they omitted as well, like a 4th attraction in Toy Story Land and a 3rd attraction in Galaxy's Edge. Neither of those things would have been E-tickets but they would have added capacity. They've also failed to replace multiple stage shows which has further led to stagnation at those secondary and tertiary draws. There were times when both Little Mermaid and Frozen were the marquee things in that park.

That being said, I maintain that the park is better today than it ever was. It evolved, but that evolution isn't complete. Now it needs the Animation Courtyard to the RNRC courtyard stretch to be completely overdone. There's 10-13 acres of land there that can be used for multiple attractions.

UNCgolf

I assume it will look just like that, but no curtain, and the roller gate in the up position.

I just didn't see it confirmed before this that merch was included at the end, some theory of the Light and Power Co being both SM and Tron merch.

But this looks like it'll be some sort of shop.

I meant the interior will probably look different -- that outdoor section will probably still look pretty bad; I'm not sure what they can do to fix that.

RSoxNo1

I'll say that the outdoor architecture looks really, really good once you're under it.

Also, they're handling groups inside the same as at Guardians: odd-numbered groups go to one line, even-numbered groups to another. This is to try to fill every seat without using a single-rider line. (Because two odd numbers added together is always an even number, and two even numbers added together is always an even number, too.)
Checks your math... let me get back to you.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Checks your math... let me get back to you.
  1. Definition of odd and even numbers: An integer n is defined as even if it can be written in the form n = 2k, where k is also an integer. An integer n is defined as odd if it can be written in the form n = 2k + 1, where k is an integer.
  2. Proof: Let m and n be two odd numbers, so m = 2k + 1 and n = 2l + 1, where k and l are integers.
  3. Adding the two odd numbers: m + n = (2k + 1) + (2l + 1) = 2k + 2l + 2 = 2(k + l + 1), where k + l + 1 is also an integer.
  4. Conclusion: Since m + n can be written in the form 2(k + l + 1), it is an even integer.
Hence, adding two odd numbers always results in an even number.

Movielover

Im surprised by all the negativity here for the ride. I loved it. It may lack theming for some, but take a look at those ride vehicles. They’re gorgeous! I don’t know many other ride vehicles that are as cool as these.
Its a fan forum so there will be negativity no matter what. I think a major complaint is with how short the ride time is, yet its also the longest Vekoma Motorbike Coaster when compared to the non-Disney versions. I get it though, I would have loved to have seen a longer version as well. I still think the ride looks great and is going to be super popular with the GP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom