News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lentesta

Premium Member
Iā€™ve now been on TRON. Outdoor architecture is really impressive once youā€™re in it. Totally fits in Tomorrowland. Couple of nice show elements in the queue, too.

Ride experience is just under 1 minute. Itā€™s a LOT like Cosmic Rewind in terms of ride experience, general visuals and feel. Launch is fun. I didnā€™t get a chance to see how much of MK is visible. Thereā€™s a ride vehicle specially designed for those who canā€™t use the cycle. Thatā€™s good. Lockers are very smart.

Itā€™s a solid addition to the park. It wonā€™t accommodate every type of body. Itā€™s the shortest experience of the parkā€™s ā€œmountainsā€. Iā€™d give it four stars out of five.

FutureCEO

Iā€™ve now been on TRON. Outdoor architecture is really impressive once youā€™re in it. Totally fits in Tomorrowland. Couple of nice show elements in the queue, too.

Ride experience is just under 1 minute. Itā€™s a LOT like Cosmic Rewind in terms of ride experience, general visuals and feel. Launch is fun. I didnā€™t get a chance to see how much of MK is visible. Thereā€™s a ride vehicle specially designed for those who canā€™t use the cycle. Thatā€™s good. Lockers are very smart.

Itā€™s a solid addition to the park. It wonā€™t accommodate every type of body. Itā€™s the shortest experience of the parkā€™s ā€œmountainsā€. Iā€™d give it four stars out of five.

yes but is it worth it enough to wait 7 years for it

Vegas Disney Fan

I agree but the second solution is to have skinny seats and jumbo seats and never shall the two cross. It would not take much to laser measure guests and sort them accordingly. Iā€™d prefer to be sent to the fat seats than to be sent to the Mickey bar cart.

When I read this my initial thought was all the complaints from splitting up groups and families: plus size parentā€¦ row 10, 8 year old sonā€¦ row 2, 14 year old daughterā€¦ row 6. Everyone rides but no one would be very happy about it.

It's not that simple to just create a restraint so all guest sizes can enjoy an attraction. It's not as simple as Disney or Universal just creating a new restraint but the manufacturer of the coaster has to agree to it.

The people who ran the drop tower down the street tried modifying seats to be more plus size friendly and the result was deadly. It sucks when people canā€™t ride but parks should never modify safety restraints, thatā€™s what ride engineers are for.

Disone

I got the chance to ride Tron today. It's more plus size friendly then I had expected. My friend and I both had room to spare. I'm 220 and big boned and my friend is less then 220 but shorter and a little wider then myself and for both of us It was no challenge to lock in the seat.

I can not believe it goes 70mph! Maybe they meant kmph??? J/k. But seriously did not feel like that fast. To me RNRC, and test track both feel faster. Was fun, smooth but way short. So very short.

***** spoiler alert******

Do not continue reading if you don't want to know what the inside portion is like.

The inside portion felt very much like rock and roller coaster complete with brake runs that you enter with a right hand turn and then dive out of with a left hand turn. And even the props... Instead of going through a donut or under a freeway sign, you're going through something in the world of Tron but really If guardians of the Galaxy is Space Mountain 2.0 then this is rock and roller coaster 2.0.

The finale is cool where you get to race side by side with the yellow team quickly causing them to crash.

ToTBellHop

I got the chance to ride Tron today. It's more plus size friendly then I had expected. My friend and I both had room to spare. I'm 220 and big boned and my friend is less then 220 but shorter and a little wider then myself and for both of us It was no challenge to lock in the seat.

I can not believe it goes 70mph! Maybe they meant kmph??? J/k. But seriously did not feel like that fast. To me RNRC, and test track both feel faster. Was fun, smooth but way short. So very short.

***** spoiler alert******

Do not continue reading if you don't want to know what the inside portion is like.

The inside portion felt very much like rock and roller coaster complete with brake runs that you enter with a right hand turn and then dive out of with a left hand turn. And even the props... Instead of going through a donut or under a freeway sign, you're going through something in the world of Tron but really If guardians of the Galaxy is Space Mountain 2.0 then this is rock and roller coaster 2.0.

The finale is cool where you get to race side by side with the yellow team quickly causing them to crash.
I believe itā€™s 60 mph.

yensidtlaw1969

To be well received by enthusiasts, its original problem needed resolving - ride length. v2.0 with longer ride would have satisfied most I think.
I would have even been pleased if the slow portions at the beginning and end had featured more show elements than in Shanghai - that long stretch at the end where you're just being rolled through an empty corridor seems like such a waste. There are so many cool things to look at in the world of TRON, just show us some of them! Especially because it's hard to get a really good look at anything during the fast portion.

But that's just if I'm trying to be *reasonable* - I absolutely agree the ride should have been longer.

Last edited:

Disone

yep 59mph
Thanks. I'm not sure why I thought I read it was 70. It is clearly not that fast. But it didn't feel like 60 either. Again I would say both rock and roller coaster and test track felt faster. I guess test track is at 65 mph. So good reason for that šŸ™‚

And while technically, it edges out rock and roller coaster, it genuinely feels like rock and roller coaster is faster.

I find guardians a little bit more fun and definitely longer. And felt just as fast.

Last edited:

Hawg G

I think this would have been much better received by the nerds if it opened in 2019. I think the public will welcome it.
Of course they will welcome a new ride to nibble on crowds.

Will they tell their neighbors how awesome the ride is? Yeah, no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom