News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

Gas of this nature has always risen, and the less than 14 people in front of you for a minute or so, constantly moving and partially outdoorswill be less chance of smelling than the gas smelling potential of a crowded queue where it matters of who is in front of you and behind you.
Don't risk it for the front row for the smell potential. The views however, my be worth the wait time investment.
Now what if I am trapped (seated) behind one of the great unwashed at 5:30 on an August afternoon? Note: they had the broccoli salad with extra mayo dressing at CHH for an early lunch .......

DonniePeverley

Gas of this nature has always risen, and the less than 14 people in front of you for a minute or so, constantly moving and partially outdoorswill be less chance of smelling than the gas smelling potential of a crowded queue where it matters of who is in front of you and behind you.
Don't risk it for the front row for the smell potential. The views however, my be worth the wait time investment.

Gas will eventually rise. But the initial impact will be a horizontal movement of the gas . This will naturally hit any nasal passageways positioned behind the person who has just farted.

The ride vehicle is made in such a way that you may well be impacted if the rider infront of you lets one off with force.

Furthermore you have to take into account many guests will have eaten Turkey legs.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Personally i will sit at the front; there could be a chance someone could fart sat infront of you and the odours could hit you - especially if you look at how the seating is arranged.
Flatulence should be the least of your concern. What you really need to watch for is hyperhidrosis! The riding position has you basically lying on the seat. On a hot, sunny Orlando summer day, if someone who excessively sweats gets on just before you, you may find yourself needing to rest your chest on a sweaty seat!

lazyboy97o

It only seemed like a random deep cut, but Bob Iger has a proclaimed love for it and is pushing a new Tron film in the next couple of years.
Disney thought TRON: Legacy was going to be the start of their next big franchise. The attraction slate for Shanghai Disneyland was approved shortly before the film was released. This attraction and Ratatouille came to Walt Disney World because there was a panic about capacity and the failings of NextGen so they grabbed things they thoughts could relatively cheaply and quickly be duplicated. It’s got nothing to do with Iger’s passion, he could have pushed for the proposed Shanghai Disneyland - Magic Kingdom co-development of the attraction or the third film over a decade ago.

celluloid

Disney thought TRON: Legacy was going to be the start of their next big franchise. The attraction slate for Shanghai Disneyland was approved shortly before the film was released. This attraction and Ratatouille came to Walt Disney World because there was a panic about capacity and the failings of NextGen so they grabbed things they thoughts could relatively cheaply and quickly be duplicated. It’s got nothing to do with Iger’s passion, he could have pushed for the proposed Shanghai Disneyland - Magic Kingdom co-development of the attraction or the third film over a decade ago.
It was mostly a joke because there is a clip of Iger going "I love Tron" but also, that was my point. Iger knew before approving FLs clone they were going to go back and attempt more Tron. It is no coincidence they are getting ready to try and do it again, with Jared Leto.

He loves Synergy too much.

Patcheslee

Flatulence should be the least of your concern. What you really need to watch for is hyperhidrosis! The riding position has you basically lying on the seat. On a hot, sunny Orlando summer day, if someone who excessively sweats gets on just before you, you may find yourself needing to rest your chest on a sweaty seat!
I'd be more worried about the tops some choose when riding. How many water parks do you see teen boys waiting at the steep body slides for mishaps....

celluloid

What in the (Disney) World happened to this thread?

You can only get excited about a coaster themed to Tron that is a clone from five plus years ago that is well internet documented for so long. And with the opening announced months away and CM testing with soft openings next, there is not a lot to keep going. So it is a fun somewhat connected satirical piece sometimes.

MagicHappens1971

Have we heard confirmation one way or the other whether Tron is going to bump Mine Train into Genie+ or if they're going to run two ILL attractions at Magic Kingdom?
No changes have been announced but with Splash down, they could use the inventory. It’s a 50/50 chance if they choose to keep both for more $$$$, or if they make the smart choice and move SDMT to regular G+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom