News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

orky8

Disney has always been boundless creativity (Walt) limited by business realities (Roy). That has not changed. The pendulum does seem to swing to the creative side (during times of plenty) to the constrained (during lean/uncertain times).

I'm ready for the pendulum to swing back!
Yes, but we just came out of a time of plenty and Disney milked the park cows for everything it could to spend the money on Disney+. Looks like we are now headed into a lean/uncertain time, so when exactly do you think this pendulum is going to swing back?

_caleb

Yes, but we just came out of a time of plenty and Disney milked the park cows for everything it could to spend the money on Disney+. Looks like we are now headed into a lean/uncertain time, so when exactly do you think this pendulum is going to swing back?
Hmm. Good point. I don't know... eventually?

solidyne

It will be interesting to see if this is Disney's first metal detector ride.
Magical.
Disney has always been boundless creativity (Walt) limited by business realities (Roy). That has not changed. The pendulum does seem to swing to the creative side (during times of plenty) to the constrained (during lean/uncertain times).

It's not a pendulum. It's a wrecking ball.

celluloid

If nothing was awesome I wouldn’t be on here, sell my dvc, not renew annual passes every year, and keep going. Just because my opinion on some of what Disney is doing and has done over the years is not all positive doesn’t mean I’m wrong

I give credit where credit is due but without pixie dust on my glasses

Finding things objectively, or even subjectively bad does not mean you are negative as a person. Most here understand what you mean.

doctornick

So, at Universal, they have a central area where you scan your ticket for each section of lockers. So you only have to remember the general area, not the specific locker number. This makes it seems like you are scanning the locker itself. Presumably available ones with be lit up green or something to indicate they are free.

That being said, there appears to be some sort of console to use next to the lockers so maybe it’s an either/or and you can use that spot or directly on the locker.

celluloid

So, at Universal, they have a central area where you scan your ticket for each section of lockers. So you only have to remember the general area, not the specific locker number. This makes it seems like you are scanning the locker itself. Presumably available ones with be lit up green or something to indicate they are free.

That being said, there appears to be some sort of console to use next to the lockers so maybe it’s an either/or and you can use that spot or directly on the locker.
MDE could so show your locker number. That is messier and one more MDE required thing but would be something.

Casper Gutman

When has the pendulum swung in a positive direction since, say, 1998? Where are the major improvements that offset what has been lost? Off the top of my head… Pandora is better then Camp Minnie Mickey (but not, perhaps, better then Beastly Kingdom) and Everest is great. I think Dwarves and Pooh are nice and Mermaid is unfairly underrated, but it’s a lateral move from Toad, Snow White, and 20,000. I really love MMRR, but it should coexist with GMR. RotR is very good, if overpraised.

But…

The overall experience has declined to a degree unimaginable in the 90s. Capacity has deteriorated to a point that makes the parks, especially MK, a miserable slog. Reservations of all sorts rob any joyful spontaneity from the resort. Menus have shrunk, but that’s less of an issue since most restaurants need to be booked months in advance. EPCOT is a cruel shambles that is worse then it was 30 years ago in every significant respect. The MGM makeover was a cost-cut disappointment and TSL is garbage. Prices are larcenous. Hotels are significantly worse across the board. Service has declined. Entertainment has been slashed everywhere, and much of what remains hasn’t been updated since before Clinton was inaugurated. Festivals are lackluster non-events. There is no indication that Disney intends to fix any of this.

It’s not a pendulum if it only ever swings one way. What, precisely, is the source of optimism for the future? The parks have been broken at a deeply fundamental level for over a decade and a half - what actual evidence indicates that has changed?

lazyboy97o

It’s not a pendulum if it only ever swings one way. What, precisely, is the source of optimism for the future? The parks have been broken at a deeply fundamental level for over a decade and a half - what actual evidence indicates that has changed?
You’re apparently choosing to come to this negative conclusion which implies you’re supposed to just ignore it.

lewisc

If lockers are complimentary, i don’t think the pouches will last very long. capacity could get hairy if ops has to check if you still have large items on out when boarding + you have placed them in the pouch.
An issue for guests who use MDE, cell phone, for ride photos. Some guests either don't use MB or are using old MB

DonniePeverley

Personally i will sit at the front; there could be a chance someone could fart sat infront of you and the odours could hit you - especially if you look at how the seating is arranged. Although this could give the attraction a brand new twist.

It is a rather random IP, but i am looking forward to this.

celluloid

Personally i will sit at the front; there could be a chance someone could fart sat infront of you and the odours could hit you - especially if you look at how the seating is arranged. Although this could give the attraction a brand new twist.

It is a rather random IP, but i am looking forward to this.
It only seemed like a random deep cut, but Bob Iger has a proclaimed love for it and is pushing a new Tron film in the next couple of years.

Your fart logic is flawed. You will already have been waiting behind people, plus you will wait longer for the front which will have more flatulent exposure probability than the minute ride time.

Last edited:

DonniePeverley

Your fart logic is flawed. You will already have been waiting behind people, plus you will wait longer for the front which will have more flatulent exposure probability than the minute ride time.

Valid points, however, when i am in a queue my nose isn't quite located near anyones rear end to be taking in any gas. Now i am not saying my nose will be directly in someone rear end on the actual ride vehicle of the attraction - but if you look at the design it will be directly horizontal to it and the distance isn't massive - thus any gas emitted would logically float towards my nasal passageways (if i was seated behind someone who would fart).

celluloid

Valid points, however, when i am in a queue my nose isn't quite located near anyones rear end to be taking in any gas. Now i am not saying my nose will be directly in someone rear end on the actual ride vehicle of the attraction - but if you look at the design it will be directly horizontal to it and the distance isn't massive - thus any gas emitted would logically float towards my nasal passageways (if i was seated by someone who would fart).
Gas of this nature has always risen, and the less than 14 people in front of you for a minute or so, constantly moving and partially outdoorswill be less chance of smelling than the gas smelling potential of a crowded queue where it matters of who is in front of you and behind you.
Don't risk it for the front row for the smell potential. The views however, my be worth the wait time investment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom