News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Vegas Disney Fan

My suggestion would be purchase straps for your glasses, I've had to have them for any other amusement park with coasters.

I‘d never needed one but nearly lost my prescription glasses on Cosmic Rewind, with the backwards launch and sideways motion I ended up holding them on my face most the ride. Disney sells the straps though so I got one for our later ILL and it worked great.

I also used the strap later in the vacation on Velocicoaster and Hagrids and it worked great, not positive I needed it, and it looks a little goofy, but it sure was nice not worrying about losing my glasses and being blind for the rest of the trip.

Patcheslee

I‘d never needed one but nearly lost my prescription glasses on Cosmic Rewind, with the backwards launch and sideways motion I nearly lost them. Disney sells the straps though so I got one for our later ILL and it worked great.

I also used the strap later in the vacation on Velocicoaster and Hagrids and it worked great, not positive I needed it, and it looks a little goofy, but it sure was nice not worrying about losing my glasses and being blind for the rest of the trip.
Other amusement parks we visit require them for glasses on thrill rides. I'm so use to that, is surprises me Disney doesn't have a policy.
I've lost contacts once when I didn't wear my sunglasses at Kings Island. Nothing like walking around half blind to a locker for my spare lol

MagicHappens1971

They have yet to offer multiple VQs, but hopefully it sticks around for Guardians. Unlike Rise, Guardians is a pretty easy VQ to get. I think the building only holds a 30 minute wait as that's about how long it takes to go through with the VQ. I imagine it would be a mess with standby.
They have. Not for attractions, but Santa's M&G at Disney Springs over the holidays, as well as a variety of other things. MDX can handle two different virtual queues, however, I would expect that to not be of concern. Personally, Guardians VQ will end prior to the opening of Tron.

celluloid

This is why I will NOT raise my hands on Space Mountain
No worries, you can bring an entire bookbag on with you if it fits at your feet and, no lockers, therefore no thumb print needed even if it did have lockers.

Also, you are missing out. I finally touched the re-entry tunnel and I felt alive as it was a long time coming.

_caleb

No worries, you can bring an entire bookbag on with you if it fits at your feet and, no lockers, therefore no thumb print needed.

Also, you are missing out. I finally touched the re-entry tunnel and I felt alive as it was a long time coming.
Did it give you a static shock? The ONE time I tried to touch the tunnel ceiling I SWEAR I got a shock. Of course, no one believed me...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That's your opinion. And honestly, it's tiresome to read it stated over and over again. I think negativity is a choice, and you seem to make that choice all. Day. Long.

I recommend you look at some of the details of attractions–like the TRON-area background music, the area lighting package, or the aforementioned lockers–and see that it's not so rare that Disney does some things right.

Beyond TRON, I recommend you check out the MMRR discussion over on the Disneyland boards. The DL version of the attraction seems to be very promising, and people are actually saying so.
I’ve been around multiple Disney parks for over 35 years and know many inside the company. I see the trends and hear them too.

I’m a dvc member with multiple contracts, an annual passholder, and frequent visitor, so it’s not like I’m just reading news and being a meanie here.

I love Disney and the parks, always will, I wouldn’t be on here if I didn’t, but I also have my opinion because I have concern over direction, decisions, and trends. I used to think everything was awesome, amazing, magical, and perfect, until I realized it’s not.

Last edited:

_caleb

I’ve been around multiple Disney parks for over 35 years and know many inside the company. I see the trends and hear them too.

I’m a dvc member with multiple contracts, an annual passholder, and frequent visitor, so it’s not like I’m just reading news and being a meanie here.
You don't think it's awesome, amazing, magical, and perfect, but you're still THIS invested?
I love Disney and the parks, always will,
You'd never know it reading your posts.
I wouldn’t be on here if I didn’t, but I also have my opinion because I have concern over direction, decisions, and trends. I used to think everything was awesome, amazing, magical, and perfect, until I realized it’s not.
Sounds like you're in that "curmudgeon" category of fan: everything used to be awesome, now nothing is awesome.

It makes me sad that you view things through this lens. Hoping someday they do something that turns things around for you. Maybe more double-sided lockers like TRON's will do the trick!

Disney Glimpses

Feel free. It’s rare Disney does something right now adays so gotta give credit where appropriate. Again. Rare
Eh, they have done bone headed stuff forever. I could think of 1,000 horrible decisions made in the 90s, 00s. I think the biggest difference today is that the company doesn't do anything unless it can prove ROI on some spreadsheet or PowerPoint presentation.

The old Disney did stuff because it was cool, because it was challenging and difficult to replicate. So it's not so much that they are doing things wrong, it's that they are losing the creativity that made them so special in the first place. Seeing glimmers of that returning though :)

J4546

Lockers look good! Can't wait for this to open, how nice it will be to have a major new ride, cool kinetic ambience and lighting especially at night, redone store, new bathrooms (always a plus imo) and of course reopening the pathway

_caleb

Eh, they have done bone headed stuff forever. I could think of 1,000 horrible decisions made in the 90s, 00s. I think the biggest difference today is that the company doesn't do anything unless it can prove ROI on some spreadsheet or PowerPoint presentation.

The old Disney did stuff because it was cool, because it was challenging and difficult to replicate. So it's not so much that they are doing things wrong, it's that they are losing the creativity that made them so special in the first place. Seeing glimmers of that returning though :)
Disney has always been boundless creativity (Walt) limited by business realities (Roy). That has not changed. The pendulum does seem to swing to the creative side (during times of plenty) to the constrained (during lean/uncertain times).

I'm ready for the pendulum to swing back!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You don't think it's awesome, amazing, magical, and perfect, but you're still THIS invested?

You'd never know it reading your posts.

Sounds like you're in that "curmudgeon" category of fan: everything used to be awesome, now nothing is awesome.

It makes me sad that you view things through this lens. Hoping someday they do something that turns things around for you. Maybe more double-sided lockers like TRON's will do the trick!
If nothing was awesome I wouldn’t be on here, sell my dvc, not renew annual passes every year, and keep going. Just because my opinion on some of what Disney is doing and has done over the years is not all positive doesn’t mean I’m wrong

I give credit where credit is due but without pixie dust on my glasses

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom