News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Drdcm

Anyone have any guesses/information on when this might be part of an after hours event? Looks like they end in March before this opens. Wife and I were planning on going in April, but might hold off now to avoid the Tron rush

SteveAZee

atat.jpeg

Please stay on brand.

No Name

What was the last ride to be “Presented By…”?
Could this be why we have a rollercoaster in the dark next to a rollercoaster in the dark?
Or did Disney ask Enterprise to sponsor GotG, they said yes but Chevrolet said it was a weird conflict of interest…
They were building it before they had a sponsor attached. Enterprise probably will only help them recover something like 5% of the cost.

So does this mean the big Tron sign attached to the building near entrance is not included in this version?

View attachment 694525
Correct. It makes sense because the entrance is essentially the start of the ramp, and I think it looks alright especially since the canopy isn’t blue.

Regardless, I am still a fan of the original plan.

1674604231113.jpeg

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
GM makes cars. Enterprise rents and sells cars, some of them GM.

Car + Car = Conflict of Interest.

I see it, but I don't agree it's a conflict of interest. Especially with Disney's existing relationships with both National/Alamo (owned by Enterprise) and GM (owner of Chevrolet)

A conflict of interest would be more like Disney taking GM's money for test track, then replacing all of the corporate fleet with Ford products, or allowing Chrysler to sponsor Test Track.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I see it, but I don't agree it's a conflict of interest. Especially with Disney's existing relationships with both National/Alamo (owned by Enterprise) and GM (owner of Chevrolet)

A conflict of interest would be more like Disney taking GM's money for test track, then replacing all of the corporate fleet with Ford products, or allowing Chrysler to sponsor Test Track.
Distilled: GM didn't want another major car-related company in World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom