News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Have yet to see any posts about this so I thought I'd share some pics from last night. They were testing a new lighting package on the side of Tomorrowland Light and Power Co! The colors were changing somewhat infrequently, but they also tested a darker blue and a neon green in place of the orange half.

IMG_20230122_230345083.jpg

IMG_20230122_230348019.jpg
IMG_20230122_230358986.jpg

Apologies for my low-quality phone camera!

ToTBellHop

Have yet to see any posts about this so I thought I'd share some pics from last night. They were testing a new lighting package on the side of Tomorrowland Light and Power Co! The colors were changing somewhat infrequently, but they also tested a darker blue and a neon green in place of the orange half.

View attachment 694329
View attachment 694330View attachment 694331

Apologies for my low-quality phone camera!
In that last pic, it seems to mirror Space Mtn. Was it doing that the whole time?

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
In that last pic, it seems to mirror Space Mtn. Was it doing that the whole time?
Not from what I could tell. Space's lighting has a sort of rolling color effect, whereas this was just abruptly changing the left half's color every now and again. Could be possible the lights will eventually be synced up with Space or Tron, maybe even both simultaneously.

RSD Part Deux

Any more info on if this ride will accommodate “fluffy” folk? This picture looks like a ride vehicle that’s oversized.

Attachments

• A695B938-7652-4B98-83E8-154F294870F3.jpeg
    A695B938-7652-4B98-83E8-154F294870F3.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 108

Drdcm

Anyone else think they should double down on the retro-futuristic theming instead of moving towards amorphous white lines? I was contemplating the opening of Tron and the closing of splash and lamenting the loss the whimsical nature of parts of the park.

Financially, it could make sense because they would never have to “keep up” with whatever technological progress we make. I for one like the solar palm trees.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hoka Clifton 8 walking shoes. Some of the most comfortable shoes you’ll ever wear. Understandable if you have no idea of quality though. Keep hating 😉
Who's hatin'? Homie don't play no hatin'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom