News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Gillyanne

I just saw that (at least one of) the cars have normal seats at the end. I'm sure this is part ADA; but do you think if there is no ADA required rider on a specific run, that a non ADA rider could use them? I get some motion sickness; but can do the "lighter" roller coasters; GOTG I nearly needed the bag (won't be trying it again); but like slinky I'm better; If I can push myself back in the seat it helps, so I figured this would be a "no go" for me given the seating style; but I saw the alternate car in the pictures from today; so wondering if maybe there is a chance for me to at least try it once and see how I handle (normal seating)...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I just saw that (at least one of) the cars have normal seats at the end. I'm sure this is part ADA; but do you think if there is no ADA required rider on a specific run, that a non ADA rider could use them? I get some motion sickness; but can do the "lighter" roller coasters; GOTG I nearly needed the bag (won't be trying it again); but like slinky I'm better; If I can push myself back in the seat it helps, so I figured this would be a "no go" for me given the seating style; but I saw the alternate car in the pictures from today; so wondering if maybe there is a chance for me to at least try it once and see how I handle (normal seating)...
Shanghai has normal seats at the back of one of their trains as well

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a picture for anyone interested in what you are discussing here. I don't for sure, but I would imagine you would be able to wait for this row, possibly similar to how there is a dedicated line for front row at Cosmic Rewind.

Tron_Full_49876.jpg

maemae74

Can anyone explain how preview for rides work with DVC member. I will finally be there around the time of a preview and hoping my dates align . I will not being staying on points but on property. Can we bring guest in our traveling party who aren't DVC?

pdude81

Can anyone explain how preview for rides work with DVC member. I will finally be there around the time of a preview and hoping my dates align . I will not being staying on points but on property. Can we bring guest in our traveling party who aren't DVC?
Registrations are only given out to the special groups, but you always got at least one extra per registration. I believe Guardians gave up to 4 additional. So my son, who can't be a DVC member due to age, would still be able to attend. I assume you could bring guests from outside your household but I've never tried this for a preview.

ToTBellHop

Registrations are only given out to the special groups, but you always got at least one extra per registration. I believe Guardians gave up to 4 additional. So my son, who can't be a DVC member due to age, would still be able to attend. I assume you could bring guests from outside your household but I've never tried this for a preview.
Wasn’t priority given to DVC members staying on points?

pdude81

Wasn’t priority given to DVC members staying on points?
Typically they are, but I heard from some who were staying cash (on site) who were able to register in the first round. In the past it's always been only to people staying on blue card points who get the initial registration, then a week or so later they let everybody else fight over the scraps. There was definitely priority given to on site guests for the registration itself, and you could bring either 5 people or up to the number on your reservation if in a 2BR.

lazyboy97o

“ADA rider” or ADA guest, etc. is a frowned upon term and also not really a thing. It’s too often used to specifically denote wheelchair users and loaded with assumptions of ability when the ADA covers far more. The alternate seating is available to guests who request it.

MagicHappens1971

Here is a picture for anyone interested in what you are discussing here. I don't for sure, but I would imagine you would be able to wait for this row, possibly similar to how there is a dedicated line for front row at Cosmic Rewind.

Tron_Full_49876.jpg
Does the Shangai counterpart also have this accessible car? just curious

SilentWindODoom

LONG LIVE DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

This is a huge problem with many of the concepts about Dinoland to me. Dinosaurs belong in Animal Kingdom. Extinct animals should be represented as a theme. Losing that sucks.

Personally, I would just throw Crush’s Coaster where PW was, leave Dinoland otherwise intact, and add to Pandora.

This works as a compromise, though. Additions of Nemo and/or Moana to make the region between the bridge to Everest and the Boneyard/Restaurantasaurus an Oceania/Pacific land. A big hole in the parks as a whole.

Man... this brings back memories riding Tron in Shanghai. I wish they had virtual queue back then.

It was impossible to get on the ride without buying a fastpass. Had to buy a fastpass (20 dollars for one ride).... go to a castmember who was holding a sign with the date and also a 'hat of the day'. They took a picture with your own cellphone. This picture you had to show to the castmembers at the entrance of the ride. fun times.

I saw the thumbnail and totally thought you were one of the Parkeology guys.

If you try to call me out on it, I’ll just tell you it’s “time to be movin’ along!”

I pictured a wave and a stepping out of the log immediately after this and it makes me giggle.

IMDREW

Tron_Full_49876.jpg
I waited for this car one time in Shanghai, just to see how the ride feels without the motorbike seating. And i can tell you it’s a lot less intense in this seat than in the others. It feels a lot slower too. The magic is in the motorbike seating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom