News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

TQQQ

I think you are right. I got the right line, but failed to apply the math...

April 21 is a bit later than people were expecting, but we got a date!

Better late than never.
Agree April 21 is the likely date but seriously………………

WTH are they waiting for?

Open it tomorrow!

mm52200

Guardians was very long, and CMs had multiple ride opportunities. Great for the Cast, but probably isn't necessary to be that long.
It’s the most minimal perk they can offer cast and their families so might as well. It also helps serve for them to get the operational practice they need since soft openings are more or less a thing of the past.

TQQQ

Guardians was very long, and CMs had multiple ride opportunities. Great for the Cast, but probably isn't necessary to be that long.
was a figure of speech. I mean come on.

They could open it Feb 1 if they wanted too. The work is 99.9% done. Finish it and open it? Why wait?

Disney Analyst

I'd also add, Guardian's likely had a longer preview period as it was a fully new attraction, that needed testing with CM's / Guests.

Tron is a clone, it has been tested, it likely already has a pretty solid ops plan from Shanghai = smaller preview period.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Have they finally completed standard operating testing yet? The last I heard they were having trouble getting it to run reliably enough (80 hour rule?) to achieve the threshold needed to open.

surfsupdon

Tron?? They’ve been dangling the carrot for years. Don’t even care any longer.

I’ll be there at some point. If it’s open great. If it isn’t I’m fine.

dreday3

We arrive the 18th. We already have MK reservations for the 20th, 22nd and 26th! Glad to be at another park the 21st.

Actually we were planning to hop to MK on the 22nd. Hmmm, that may be out of the question now...

Jv09071991

Thanks to CLU, Zach Riddley and Disney Parks announcements, I've discovered that the opening dates for "TRON: Lightcycle/Run" was actually "March 21, 2023 (3-21-2023)" in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom, as part of Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary celebration and the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration!!!

And that was a secret codes, when I can't wait for see a sneak preview of a new ride, "TRON: Lightcycle/Run"!! So, The final answer is #2!!! Got it?👌

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom