News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

orky8

After Hours at MK goes through March, I doubt Disney would be willing to include Tron without the chance to up the price of those tickets. Or they don't intend to include Tron in the After Hours.

Considering all the MK dates are still available except next week's, I would think they'd use this as a selling point.

In times past a brand new ride is not part of an upcharge event. Everyone would buy a ticket so they could ride and the line would still be way too long. Ops nightmare

They could easily limit this to one ride per person.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We had bad luck on the DAK AHs night, poured rain so Everest down then Navi was down for waits were still around 45 minutes. Much less than daytime waits, but not the greatest.
Yikes. I would have gone to guest relations looking for some 'magic.'

The only reason we didn't ride FoP more often than 17 times was the lengthy walk all the way out and down and around and back up again. By the third time around, it was a walk on, but that walk added 5 minutes each time.

DisneyCane

I did it 2 times in a row with rider swap this past trip and I am almost fell asleep in the pre-show, couldn't listen to that guy 17 times
In the days after the COVID reopening I rode 7 times (4 consecutive and then 3 consecutive). If it wasn't for the reduced pre-show they were using I couldn't have done that.

We could have kept going on and on and on. It was especially convenient because they were allowing cut through re-rides from the exit hall back to the entrance. However, we found that the experience stops being as good when you ride so many times in a short period. Your brain starts to get used to the effect.

When it was getting busier in the subsequent months we found that it was more enjoyable when you'd have to wait 20 or 25 minutes in the queue after the first ride.

WDWbuff2001

They announced this ride when I was a junior in high school. Now I’m set to graduate college with my masters… I’m going February 23- March 2nd. I’m hoping it will be open it looks ready but who knows with them

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today -

10EE17AE-DEA8-4DC1-97EA-4379D734EF15.jpeg
3B51784B-D9D0-4546-A29E-D068CC5ED9CD.jpeg
263E5492-F54C-4170-BB4A-7E5E9F853887.jpeg
31C9D5ED-B2DB-4F09-B6C1-932439F7C422.jpeg
75504952-7964-45B0-BFC5-01DED38EE891.jpeg

James Alucobond

What is that in Tron: Lightcycle/ Run it's a sign for safety?:confused:
I would assume so. If you look at the very left edge of what @tparris cropped, you can see what appears to be a tapstile, and in some of the wider shots from @DCBaker above, you can see it precedes a series of stanchions along the right side of the flyover pathway. I imagine this is the entrance to the extended queue.

Patcheslee

I would assume so. If you look at the very left edge of what @tparris cropped, you can see what appears to be a tapstile, and in some of the wider shots from @DCBaker above, you can see it precedes a series of stanchions along the right side of the flyover pathway. I imagine this is the entrance to the extended queue.
That looked like a height marker to the left. Wonder where the test seat will be in all this. It would be odd to walk all further up to a seat vs near the board/time display.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom