News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

fgmnt

I’m conflicted on the theater. The parks need more capacity but they also don’t need more poorly designed stuff plopped down into them.
I’ve come around to the frame of thought that MK needs to get more headliner attractions instead of C-level ones. If there was a budget to build 6 E ticket projects over 10 years, 2 or 3 should go in MK as part of an expansion of the park to mimic the layout patterns of Disneyland.

It’ll get zero, but still.

lazyboy97o

I’ve come around to the frame of thought that MK needs to get more headliner attractions instead of C-level ones. If there was a budget to build 6 E ticket projects over 10 years, 2 or 3 should go in MK as part of an expansion of the park to mimic the layout patterns of Disneyland.

It’ll get zero, but still.
That’s a sure fire way to induce more demand, which is exactly what you don’t want.

_caleb

James Alucobond

Can anyone explain for me the value of the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. building? Why did they keep it? Do they really need the retail space? Are they going to use it as a TRON shop? If so, why didn't they TRONify the building? Why does it look like a bank from Gotham City?
I believe it's set to be the gift shop for both TRON and Space Mountain. There seemed to be plans that eliminated it entirely, and honestly, it's kind of always been an eyesore; it's just that it now detracts from views of both TRON and Space Mountain rather than just the latter. I have to imagine it will eventually die, but they will probably hold off on that until they figure out what, if anything, they're ever going to do with the Speedway.

_caleb

I believe it's set to be the gift shop for both TRON and Space Mountain. There seemed to be plans that eliminated it entirely, and honestly, it's kind of always been an eyesore; it's just that it now detracts from views of both TRON and Space Mountain rather than just the latter. I have to imagine it will eventually die, but they will probably hold off on that until they figure out what, if anything, they're ever going to do with the Speedway.
Thanks. This makes a lot of sense to me. The building always seemed out of place and poorly used. And now with TRON, doubly so.

Jrb1979

When I said RMC, I meant the ride system, not their "omg I'm going to die" ride designs. Ride layouts are, eventually, decided by the park, not RMC. The RMC single-track is ideal for keeping the "bobsled" design while making the ride more efficient and easier to maintain.

At the moment, I'm quite sure there's no other ride manufacturer able to produce bobsled-style tracks outside of RMC or a one-time project.

I think WDW is going to have to decide between RMC single-rail or Disneyland's version.
First I'm guessing you aren't a fan of RMC ride designs?

Second I don't think a single rail would work. Too low capacity for a park that need people eater attractions. IMO if they are to redo Space Mountain I would pick something similar to what Busch Gardens Williamsburg is doing with DarKastle.

Touchdown

Second I don't think a single rail would work. Too low capacity for a park that need people eater attractions. IMO if they are to redo Space Mountain I would pick something similar to what Busch Gardens Williamsburg is doing with DarKastle.
Or say the new fangled roller coaster built at this nearby park called Epcot, I hear it’s high capacity, very smooth, and could easily replicate the feeling of a rocket in space…

TQQQ

Can anyone explain for me the value of the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. building? Why did they keep it? Do they really need the retail space? Are they going to use it as a TRON shop? If so, why didn't they TRONify the building? Why does it look like a bank from Gotham City?
Agree......That area is a huge bottleneck and it would have been cheaper and easier to tear it down

_caleb

Or say the new fangled roller coaster built at this nearby park called Epcot, I hear it’s high capacity, very smooth, and could easily replicate the feeling of a rocket in space…
Too Late Trailer GIF by TheBadGuysMovie

Andrew25

Uh no? Huge fan of RMC (Iron Gwazi is a top 2 coaster for me). Not sure where you got that from?

Dueling single-rail would not hamper capacity.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I agree, it's constantly irritating to know it's there and is basically the same design. I feel like they could do some nice overlay to somehow blend it in better (but maybe not)...otherwise they should have made a smaller building

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom