News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Surferboy567

in the transfer of the ride from Shanghai to WDW, they could have addressed any of those issues but chose not to... It would have made sense as the exit...escaping the grid, and would have still given them the outdoor visual candy... But...it is what it is, it will be a very extremely popular attraction as it is so new. Hopefully this will allow them to carefully refurbish Space Mountain and give it the love and updated effects that is so desperately needs and deserves... I would also love to see a new exit display and new speedramps... The current exit is terrible.
Regarding Space:

They definitely should add those speed ramps back in. Loved seeing the windows as you went by on the speed ramps.

The ride itself needs speakers imbedded in the seats, as well as possibly another retracking. Add in those Disneyland special effects as well.

Bocabear

Regarding Space:

They definitely should add those speed ramps back in. Loved seeing the windows as you went by on the speed ramps.

The ride itself needs speakers imbedded in the seats, as well as possibly another retracking. Add in those Disneyland special effects as well.
yup absolutely. It is the biggest and most beautiful iteration of Space Mountain...no reason it should not be the best technology and show design as well like it once was. It is too fine and grand an attraction to take a backseat to Tron, that is for sure.

sedati

I think of the canopy as an interpretation of the greater grid, there are skies and even oceans all depicted in geometric shapes and lights:

1669238881603.png

JoeCamel

Surprised there's workers on site today, given the holiday.
It's just the one guy because the train is testing right?
I'd like to know what his special qualifications are for that position. He has the red hankie so must be an engineer? Conductor at least....

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Noticing the top canopy is already looking a bit messy after the recent rain etc. Hopefully they have a good and frequent cleaning program for it

fgmnt

Regarding Space:

Another? I believe WDW Space Mountain has yet to have a complete retracking, that was canceled back around a decade ago. That ride is past its sell-by date.

Bocabear

It's funny that this coaster is almost 50 years old and has not had any substantial re-tracking or improvements...It was de-furbished when they removed the home of future living to give us RYCA 1 Dream of a new world...which was basically creating maintenance free dioramas that were not nearly as engaging as what was originally there and completely left out the upper show scenes for the TTA. I still think this version of Space Mountain is the best of the iterations, and was so much more than a rollercoaster... Why can they not bring it back to it's full and complete glory...a bit of science fiction, a bit of futuristic forecasting, a bit of education about space. It was beautifully done and integrated and all with a catchy fun soundtrack that still sounds better than anything they have come up with since...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom