News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

_caleb

This is a marketing ploy to hype up the parks after the 50th. There is no other reason I can think of.

This also seems to jeopardize when Splash will close. I can't imagine them closing it before tron, that's a lot of people that will be out and about otherwise.
I do not believe WDW’s 50th anniversary factored into many guests’ vacation plans. I don’t think there will be any post-50th slump in attendance.

Schweino

Admittingly, I'm a bit sad they decided to hold Tron until next year. While I have zero expectations, is there a sliver of chance that they allow MVMCP guests to do test runs?

G00fyDad

Admittingly, I'm a bit sad they decided to hold Tron until next year. While I have zero expectations, is there a sliver of chance that they allow MVMCP guests to do test runs?
Since it is not set to open until Spring 2023 I would not hold my breath. They'll likely still be doing piddly things to the attraction all the away to opening. Oh, and they do not allow guests to do test runs.

ToTBellHop

Doubtful now. They could if they wanted to but apparently don’t. So I’d guess previews could be late winter but I don’t know. It’s whenever marketing wants each invited group to have its opportunity. An extended preview window is likely.

I can’t imagine an official opening in May. Surely they won’t sit on this for 5 months? I would guess they’ll go with HEA’s return in April.

Schweino

Doubtful now. They could if they wanted to but apparently don’t. So I’d guess previews could be late winter but I don’t know. It’s whenever marketing wants each invited group to have its opportunity. An extended preview window is likely.

I can’t imagine an official opening in May. Surely they won’t sit on this for 5 months? I would guess they’ll go with HEA’s return in April.
Our trip is 11/29-12/7 and I really thought Tron would be available by then, but alas. I have never been to Disney before the opening of a major attraction, so I was not sure if Disney did random sneak peeks before official opening. Though with Spring being a few months past Holidays, that's a tad too early for sneaks. Guess that answer is no!

Surferboy567

I’m hoping it’s open by Springtime Surprise next year.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think anyone riding this year is unlikely given the spring opening. I would expect lengthy previews for all the usual categories, D23, AP, DVC, CM, Club 33 - but taking place in 2023.

DisneyfanMA

I do not believe WDW’s 50th anniversary factored into many guests’ vacation plans. I don’t think there will be any post-50th slump in attendance.

I could be wrong but I think Disney probably had a much grander vision for the 50th that Covid (partially) ruined on multiple fronts. I'm going at the (tail end?) of the 50th but it means nothing to me this way or that, so maybe you're right. It seems at this point the 50th is already forgotten for most, including Disney.

_caleb

I could be wrong but I think Disney probably had a much grander vision for the 50th that Covid (partially) ruined on multiple fronts. I'm going at the (tail end?) of the 50th but it means nothing to me this way or that, so maybe you're right. It seems at this point the 50th is already forgotten for most, including Disney.
I’m sure COVID (staffing, travel, supply chain, squabbles w/government, etc.) factored in.

People on these boards have been anticipating something great from Disney to celebrate the 50th.

I remember someone suggesting they’d open 50 surprise new attractions over the course of the year or something. But Disney never really even hinted anything like this was coming. They just painted the castle coral pink.

And then people were disappointed because Disney failed to live up to the hype fans had created in their heads.

Jrb1979

I’m sure COVID (staffing, travel, supply chain, squabbles w/government, etc.) factored in.

People on these boards have been anticipating something great from Disney to celebrate the 50th.

I remember someone suggesting they’d open 50 surprise new attractions over the course of the year or something. But Disney never really even hinted anything like this was coming. They just painted the castle coral pink.

And then people were disappointed because Disney failed to live up to the hype fans had created in their heads.
That is part of it. I think why many were upset is that for a major anniversary of a park there was no celebration of the history of the parks. IMO that's what people really wanted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom