News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

No Name

My understanding was that the price point for Tron was between Shanghai Pirates ($350) and Cosmic Rewind ($450)

Apparently Shanghai Pirates was $450 not $350. I was looking for a comment to back that up, and it turns out it’s from… uhhh… you! 😂
Tom Morris said Shanghai Pirates clocked in at around $450 mil. Tron would have to be less than that, right? Are you sure your numbers don't involve both coaster projects (the Captain America coaster for DCA?)

UNCgolf

Can we trade GotG for Shanghai Pirates? Like, right now? What if I promise to visit whatever park they put it into three days on my next trip instead of spending that time at Uni?

I'm not as enamored with Shanghai Pirates as other people -- I think it has some significant flaws and there are better attractions -- but it still looks like a very good ride, and more importantly, I can understand where the money went. It looks like an expensive attraction; Guardians looks like it should have cost less than half of what it cost.

SplashJacket

740AD3FE-1022-460C-A2A2-5539684E6D86.jpeg
397D4C32-D07B-446A-9033-4082C504A8FA.jpeg
9170D9AC-D4B7-44A2-92ED-A7DC09AC30FA.jpeg
0D109298-CDD6-4E83-B4AC-1D8A1E9B54BA.jpeg
D3B0AC5E-7295-4B18-8E51-61D1FA96EE8B.jpeg
DC18F507-CE46-4006-9B5E-36837BEBDA2C.jpeg

Views of Tron light tests during Extra Evening Hours.

Over a dozen workers in construction vests running around the exterior around midnight.

A dozen?
It shows they are very active then.. it's good sign!
You can notice that they now have ALL the spotlights at the top of the left hand curve working (you can notice as each spotlight create a small dot on the canopy).

Regarding the day time works left to be done, it looks like all the last walls (in the back next to the hangar, new foundations running along the people mover to link with tunnel and the little curved portion in the middle) are only awaiting wooden frame for concrete to be poured.
They left just an opening large enough for vehicle to enter/exit the zone.. after that.. should only be matter to finish the slab of the entire plaza and start the grass and co. before closing the last part of wall. And so, finish the railroad for good.

On the other side at the ride entrance, they are adding plastic parts on sides of the metal white structure of the canopy, which should be the last step before installing the "inside" canopy.. however they take a lot of time doing it.. only few of them have been done so far..

Regarding the small building, they have added couple of layers of sheets (black, white, black again..).
Should be just a matter of installing the cladding/decor to it..

Final is painting and installation of the railing along the paths.
Not sure if there will be adding decorative flooring on top of the slab, as in Shanghai..

It could be done within a few months.. but it is going pretty slow...
What is very worrying is how slow they are working on the Tomorrowland Light & Power building.. Which should be pretty quick now, if it is just a modification of the facade..

Sorry in advance for my vocabulary.. Im a frenchie. :)

UPDATE from my previous post.

posted some new pictures: https://*****.com/2022/06/more-themed-elements-added-to-tron-lightcycle-run-entrance-in-tomorrowland-at-magic-kingdom/

You can see many workers at the back, near the hangar.
They might certainly work on the wooden frame to pour concrete for this wall.

The centre shaped wall on the plaza received its concrete.
They should be done and remove the wooden frame by next week.

The foundation for the wall circling the plaza up to the tunnel has now received concrete too.
They should be able to build the wooden frame on it for the wall by next week too.

The wall from the tunnel as yet to receive concrete.

You can see a bit better the plexi installed on the canopy frame of the entrance..

On Tomorrowland building, at the back of the building, it looks like the white sheet is curving on the inside of the building..
I wonder if they start to open up the wall for a future entry/exit....

RSoxNo1

Apparently Shanghai Pirates was $450 not $350. I was looking for a comment to back that up, and it turns out it’s from… uhhh… you! 😂
Then I don't know what to believe. FWIW, I do believe Tom's numbers included the entire surrounding area/land for Shanghai Pirates.

Perhaps @marni1971 can weigh in on TRON's cost and clarify my assumption of it being between $350-450 mil.

J4546

i would totally love an area like shanghais treasure cove put in MK, replace the old ride and use area behind it, its just about big enough to fit all of it according to google maps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom