News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SpectroMan93

All the children behind them:
02EB7023-A1C9-4420-9868-4EF7936ECC21.gif

TheMaxRebo

End of Nov / start of Dec please!

If we go from when ride vehicle testing was first seen at Guardians to when that opened and apply the same duration from when the ride vehicles first spotted testing at Tron brings you to about mid-September

Now, that is in the middle of Halloween Party season so not sure they want to open it during there so that only some dates would have access. Plus the outside still seems like it needs quite a bit of work and the train tracks, etc

So early/mid-November puts it past the Halloween party and will be another way to justify charging more for the Holiday Party

So logic to my estimation

(Also somewhat with my heart as we are at MK on Dec 10th 😂)

DisneyCane

If we go from when ride vehicle testing was first seen at Guardians to when that opened and apply the same duration from when the ride vehicles first spotted testing at Tron brings you to about mid-September

Now, that is in the middle of Halloween Party season so not sure they want to open it during there so that only some dates would have access. Plus the outside still seems like it needs quite a bit of work and the train tracks, etc

So early/mid-November puts it past the Halloween party and will be another way to justify charging more for the Holiday Party

So logic to my estimation

(Also somewhat with my heart as we are at MK on Dec 10th 😂)
Would they really want to open it just before the Holiday season which will already be very busy and not need an additional draw? I don't know if they would wish to deal with new ride teething problems on top of an already busy period.

It would make more sense to open in February and have some time before spring break to work out any operational kinks.

TheMaxRebo

Would they really want to open it just before the Holiday season which will already be very busy and not need an additional draw? I don't know if they would wish to deal with new ride teething problems on top of an already busy period.

It would make more sense to open in February and have some time before spring break to work out any operational kinks.

That's definitely possibly - though feels like that would be holding it a lot longer than they would need too. Also, they opened Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland on Dec 5th so they have shown open to opening new rides during that time

Plus I am trying to be optimistic 🙂

Schweino

The other thing I wonder about given the current economical landscape is whether Disney will see a spike in Q4 cancellations, causing them to take action to increase draw via Tron opening and a special offering/discount.

montyz81

Will the inside of the tunnel become engulfed in steam as the train passes through? It looks very small, and those windows seem too low to dissipate the steam quickly.

DisneyfanMA

Could it be argued they need the inventory for G+ and ILL and thus will not delay in opening? I've read here that MK is probably in the best shape for G+ so perhaps its a non factor in their decision.

It just seams this thing will absolutely be polished up and ready by end of summer, so to sit on it another 4 mos would be surprising. Then again when they take other rides down for Jan, might it be good to have the official opening of a E ticket? Or will it having just opened in Oct, Nov or Dec be good enough? Hoping for the latter, as I'm there 2nd week Nov.

180º

Will the inside of the tunnel become engulfed in steam as the train passes through? It looks very small, and those windows seem too low to dissipate the steam quickly.
I would think they designed the windows to avoid letting out the smoke, since the tunnel is meant to protect the canopy from soot.

evenstephan

I agree with your sentiment, but remembered that Rise of the Resistance opened on December 5th, 2019. This attraction would presumably be much more stable operations-wise, so I could see them opening it as soon as they're able to do so, even in the lead-up to Christmas.

DisneyCane

I agree with your sentiment, but remembered that Rise of the Resistance opened on December 5th, 2019. This attraction would presumably be much more stable operations-wise, so I could see them opening it as soon as they're able to do so, even in the lead-up to Christmas.
True but RotR was behind schedule and the land was already heavily promoted and open. Plus it was based on hugely popular IP that Disney paid $2 billion for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom