News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

Opening Tron in the spring would be a horrible move. They don’t need the bump in attendance or PR for a new ride then. You will still have the 50th anniversary hype going, along with the natural bump in attendance for spring break. Couple that with an increase in travel post the flu/Covid winter numbers and you will be set for Q1 2022. The summer then brings Guardians opening so you don’t want to compete with that event/attendance bump. Best guess you hold tron until the later half of the 50th anniversary period to hold attendance figures. Depending on the state of design, you also likely try to link the closing of splash mountain for re-skinning to the tron opening to soften the blow of one of your premier rides being down.
It's already delayed.
Open it when it's done.

TikibirdLand

I'm really at a loss at why this couldn't be done as a relocation project BEFORE the rest of the building went up. I'm guessing it's mainly a priority thing. From other threads, they seem to be using this as a chance to refurb the engines (Strasbourg really has done a great job). it's like they have no idea how important WWRR is to the public...

Marc Davis Fan

Some thoughts/questions, perhaps for people "in the know":
  1. Since I don't speak Mandarin: Does Shanghai's Tron count down for each gate that you pass through? That's what it seems like in the ride-through videos. If so, presumably this will be done for the English version. Perhaps it helps prepare riders for how soon it will end, rather than being surprised by how short it is? This might make a huge difference to the ride experience.
  2. There's a "pre-show" scene in which a wall disappears to reveal the launch area. Sometimes it's an actual "scene" in which a limited number of guests enter that room and the doors close. Other times it's just used as part of the queue, and you might see or miss the effect. Perhaps making this always be a true, timed show scene is one of the improvements they'll be making in this version? Having a "real pre show" might add a lot to the feeling of it being a more complete experience (rather than just a queue for a 65-second ride).

EricsBiscuit

1. Since I don't speak Mandarin: Does Shanghai's Tron count down for each gate that you pass through? That's what it seems like in the ride-through videos. If so, presumably this will be done for the English version. Perhaps it helps prepare riders for how soon it will end, rather than being surprised by how short it is? This might make a huge difference to the ride experience.
  2. There's a "pre-show" scene in which a wall disappears to reveal the launch area. Sometimes it's an actual "scene" in which a limited number of guests enter that room and the doors close. Other times it's just used as part of the queue, and you might see or miss the effect. Perhaps making this always be a true, timed show scene is one of the improvements they'll be making in this version? Having a "real pre show" might add a lot to the feeling of it being a more complete experience (rather than just a queue for a 65-second ride).
I know how to count to 10 in Mandarin. I’m pretty sure it counts up. My pin yin is very bad but here it goes: Yi is one. Er is two. San is three. Si is four. Wu is five. Liu is Six. Chi is seven. Ba is eight. Jio is nine and shi is ten.

matt9112

Opening Tron in the spring would be a horrible move. They don’t need the bump in attendance or PR for a new ride then. You will still have the 50th anniversary hype going, along with the natural bump in attendance for spring break. Couple that with an increase in travel post the flu/Covid winter numbers and you will be set for Q1 2022. The summer then brings Guardians opening so you don’t want to compete with that event/attendance bump. Best guess you hold tron until the later half of the 50th anniversary period to hold attendance figures. Depending on the state of design, you also likely try to link the closing of splash mountain for re-skinning to the tron opening to soften the blow of one of your premier rides being down.

They shouldn't open rides to squeeze the most marketing and reservations out of it. They should open them to improve the guest experience. I actually LOATHE how the marketing seems grander than the ride. Toy story land was a great example. Just open it...skip the fan fair. Let it suck up guests in the parks that are AMAZINGLY under built. But hey that stock price doh.

Although i also think its silly at least ice breaker and iron gwazi aren't really needed. Disney needs every drop of capacity.

MurphyJoe

1. The setup is your team has to pass through 8 gates before your opponents do. As far as I could tell the voice counts up.

2. Seeing the preshow plus the ride portion via YouTube the entire thing still feels underwhelming. The ride portion still needs more to it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

TRON Lightcyle Run construction update from Magic Kingdom​

Tron_Full_45548.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom