News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DisneyDodo

Sure it will. But spending a minimum of two hours in the queue for one singular ride that lasts less than two minutes vs whatever else they could do/see/ride? Many people will judge that not to be worth the tradeoff.
For sure, but that was just as true when FPs were free. For any popular ride, not everyone who wanted to ride could get a FP, leaving many guests to choose between long lines or skipping the ride.

Of course, the fact that a line is long to begin with implies that many guests prefer the former option.

lazyboy97o

Wait what?
The first Mark VII, which reused the Mark III chassis and Mark V bodies while still requiring one monorail to be destroyed for reverse engineering, was not able to make it around the monorail beam at Disneyland. It couldn’t navigate the turns and ripped off some of the bus bar. Scott Drake was the lead Imagineer for that project and Tomorrowland at Shanghai Disneyland. His current project is the giant box at Epcot.

Soluna16

Do we have any idea how the connection to tomorrowland will look? Is it really just going to be the narrow path going past the Space Mountain exit gift shop?

Dunston

I've been thinking about how the insiders here (and those who repeat them) have stuck with a Spring opening for Tron. Let's say that means May 2022, 9 months from now. I thought it would be interesting to see what recent WDW projects looked like 9 months before completion, and compare that to Tron.

Here's Galaxy's edge in December 2018, 9 months before opening, vs now:
DufRsoVU8AEXIcr

E_DApRcXMAIKtFL

The Falcon and paths were not nearly completed by then. It looks like Tron still needs its paths, the train tunnel, and walls around the launch tunnel. I was skeptical at first, but now I'm somewhat convinced they could open Tron by Spring 2022 if they wanted to. Who knows if they want to open it by then, though. Busch Gardens Tampa is still letting Iron Gwazi sit complete but unopened because they want to draw crowds later.

Ripken10

I've been thinking about how the insiders here (and those who repeat them) have stuck with a Spring opening for Tron. Let's say that means May 2022, 9 months from now. I thought it would be interesting to see what recent WDW projects looked like 9 months before completion, and compare that to Tron.

Here's Galaxy's edge in December 2018, 9 months before opening, vs now:
DufRsoVU8AEXIcr

E_DApRcXMAIKtFL

The Falcon and paths were not nearly completed by then. It looks like Tron still needs its paths, the train tunnel, and walls around the launch tunnel. I was skeptical at first, but now I'm somewhat convinced they could open Tron by Spring 2022 if they wanted to. Who knows if they want to open it by then, though. Busch Gardens Tampa is still letting Iron Gwazi sit complete but unopened because they want to draw crowds later.
Is there photos from Shanghai of tron 9 months before opening? from what I found it looks behind where Tron was in shanghai 9 months before it opened. Photo at 8 months before opening was farther along than where WDW is now.

JoeCamel

Is there photos from Shanghai of tron 9 months before opening? from what I found it looks behind where Tron was in shanghai 9 months before it opened. Photo at 8 months before opening was farther along than where WDW is now.
Shanghai have a train running through it with daily guest operations around it?
Not really a fair comparison even if it is a clone

Dunston

Here are some pics I could find of Shanghai Tron posted from September to October 2015, 9-10 months from the park's June 2016 opening.
6630487223560942419.jpg~original

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-09-30%20agrave%2000.43.50.png~original

98A86708E62955155676402FF35BBAB4.jpg.c42e251772eee5af87a976cded8a7730.jpg

Not the best pics, but this is China.
I don't know anything about Shanghai's construction though, so I don't know if Tron was basically done before the whole park opened on June 16th. It probably was to some extent, but every ride spends some time in testing, cast training, and previews before anybody can line up (or virtual queue up) and ride.

Ripken10

Here are some pics I could find of Shanghai Tron posted from September to October 2015, 9-10 months from the park's June 2016 opening.
6630487223560942419.jpg~original

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-09-30%20agrave%2000.43.50.png~original

98A86708E62955155676402FF35BBAB4.jpg.c42e251772eee5af87a976cded8a7730.jpg

Not the best pics, but this is China.
I don't know anything about Shanghai's construction though, so I don't know if Tron was basically done before the whole park opened on June 16th. It probably was to some extent, but every ride spends some time in testing, cast training, and previews before anybody can line up (or virtual queue up) and ride.
The top photo is from October 5th, 8 months before opening.

J4546

just wanna say, i really wish usa would get shanghais pirates area, treasure cove. Along with new Potc, Camp Discovery mountain climbing course, and River Rapids

Ripken10

You seem to know a lot about Shanghai's construction. Where was Tron 9 months before opening, then?
I just knew that photo in particular. IMO they are close enough in timelines that Disney (yes even disney) could finish in 9 months. Whether they do or not I think will be more related to other projects timelines and the state of the pandemic (including supply line issues)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom