• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Is there any reason why they haven't started work on the tracks/shed yet? I thought once the work on the canopy was done that meant it was all clear for the track to be rebuilt.

I saw a rumor on FB, which I'm taking with about a tablespoon of salt, that they 'messed up with the clearances and the train doesn't fit', which from an Engineer's perspective seems completely ridiculous that something could progress this far without being caught.

There was a rumor posted here a few months ago saying that the new track bed was causing a clearance problem with the Splash Mountain tunnel.

MisterPenguin

Fully Pfizered!
Premium Member
Coincidentally, BlogMickey has an update:

As for the infamous "tunnel"...

1627504012963.png

James Alucobond

Coincidentally, BlogMickey has an update:

As for the infamous "tunnel"...

View attachment 575303
Is the black rounded-corner grid box behind the canopies here also what we can expect from the new structure? I had originally thought it represented the coaster box, but now I’m not sure.

TikibirdLand

TikibirdLand

That's only surface rust, it happens to rail tracks, the disc brakes on cars...
It'll scrape right off as soon as the train is run.
true. Guess I'm going to have to work on my jokes. That one didn't connect AT ALL...
Doing brakes currently on one of my antique cars. You wouldn't believe the amount of rust that caused me to replace parts on!

Incomudro

true. Guess I'm going to have to work on my jokes. That one didn't connect AT ALL...
Doing brakes currently on one of my antique cars. You wouldn't believe the amount of rust that caused me to replace parts on!
I wasn't sure if you were joking.
Such is the nature of writing, vs speaking in person.
We lose so much nuance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom