Trip with 2yo was a success! Made this video to help deal with post-WDW blues

NickMaio

Thanks for making me cry today ;)

That was a very sweet video.
The great memories and experiences you have given your little one and family. Not to mention this excellent video.

Seriously blubbering here at my desk......:bawling:
Once You'll be in my heart starts - game over man!

TiggerDad

This is great. Looks like you had a lot of fun. We need to link to this from the other thread where someone was saying not to bring kids to WDW until they turn 6. Can't remember which thread though.

NickMaio

This is great. Looks like you had a lot of fun. We need to link to this from the other thread where someone was saying not to bring kids to WDW until they turn 6. Can't remember which thread though.
Seriously - - - I can't believe some "so-called" Disney fans would not take their children to WDW based on their ages.
WDW was created for any age - - - and we see the prof in videos like this and when we are at the parks.
C'mon folks - - - stop being so stingy and literal.

No one would ever say, "we don't take him to expensive places because he simply won't remember it....he has alzheimer's after all!"

DisneyDoctor

Seriously - - - I can't believe some "so-called" Disney fans would not take their children to WDW based on their ages.
WDW was created for any age - - - and we see the prof in videos like this and when we are at the parks.
C'mon folks - - - stop being so stingy and literal.

No one would ever say, "we don't take him to expensive places because he simply won't remember it....he has alzheimer's after all!"
People were saying they wouldn't take their children. Not that no children under 6 shouldn't go.

crease1234

Original Poster
To be honest, I was having major doubts on how he will handle Disney. We were there in Orlando because my wife was having a conference. The first few days, it was just me and the kid, and I brought him to SeaWorld and Universal by myself. He likes walking around the parks just fine, but he did NOT do well with the characters at all. I think it's the calming presence of having my wife with us for Disney that made him a little more at ease. And once he gets the first hug in (with Timon), the rest is history.

crease1234

Original Poster
Thanks for making me cry today ;)

That was a very sweet video.
The great memories and experiences you have given your little one and family. Not to mention this excellent video.

Seriously blubbering here at my desk......:bawling:
Once You'll be in my heart starts - game over man!

That's my favorite song too...and I'm a grown man !

NickMaio

People were saying they wouldn't take their children. Not that no children under 6 shouldn't go.
Yes - people that have been reading the tread understand this, so did not specifically write 6 years of age. I felt it unnecessary to write specifics again.
My point is there should be NO age limit based on WDW.....EVERYONE OF ANY AGE SHOULD GO. :)

DisneyDoctor

Yes - people that have been reading the tread understand this, so did not specifically write 6 years of age. I felt it unnecessary to write specifics again.
My point is there should be NO age limit based on WDW.....EVERYONE OF ANY AGE SHOULD GO. :)
I would love to see my future children there at any age as well.

Derek Robertson

Not sure whether this is the correct sub-forum to post, but just want to share our WDW trip from last week!

That's an awesome video. What kind of equipment did you use to shoot it? We are leaving this Friday for our trip and I'm hoping to get some good stuff to put together a video like that for my family after our trip.

crease1234

Original Poster
That's an awesome video. What kind of equipment did you use to shoot it? We are leaving this Friday for our trip and I'm hoping to get some good stuff to put together a video like that for my family after our trip.

Just a handheld Sony RX 10 IV. I'm merely an amateur when it comes to recording videos, but it's fun for me. I bought it for it's long zooming capabilities (for the animals), but I also like the dual-shot function where it allows you to take pictures while recording a video.

Derek Robertson

Just a handheld Sony RX 10 IV. I'm merely an amateur when it comes to recording videos, but it's fun for me. I bought it for it's long zooming capabilities (for the animals), but I also like the dual-shot function where it allows you to take pictures while recording a video.
Professional or not, it was very well done. I'm far from one myself, but if I can get some shots like that I will be happy with it.

Disneyfan_76

Is your 2 year old closer to 2 or 3? Was he afraid of the characters at all? Not that it matters, but just curious how my son stands compare to other kids his age
Is your 2 year old closer to 2 or 3? Was he afraid of the characters at all? Not that it matters, but just curious how my son stands compare to other kids his age
Closer to 2 and loved all the characters. Chewie.JPGgoofy.JPG
He wasn't as keen on the princesses or tinkerbell, but was ok with visiting. He just doesn't really know them like he does the others. The funny moment happened when we told him to go give tinkerbell a hug. So he runs over and gives his sister a hug.... and the attendant, and the photographer. Basically everyone but tinkerbell, lol. Winnie the pooh and chewie were his favorites.

Disneyfan_76

One of the things that help with the characters is that we have some 'dance videos' we watch that are from the late 80s early 90s. Its a Day at Disneyland or something like that. This way he 'saw' the characters as face characters before the trip. Both my kids love to dance and sing so its a great way to burn off some energy. They don't care that its an old video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom