Trip Report

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Just got back on Saturday from a week in Disney. What a Magical time, everything was perfect from the wait lines, to the weather.

My girlfriend and myself stayed at the Polynesian and got a perfect room in Samoa that faced the new volcano pool and had a view of the Magic Kingdom(this was the longhouse I reguested). After we checked in we went to Universal since we had a car for the day. The park was empty so we went on everything.My favorite ride was MIB. It was so cool, like a buzz lightyear but better. I'm surprised I haven't heard more raving about it on the board. After a few hours there we were exhausted by the flight so went caught a bite to eat and went back to the Poly to sleep.

The next morning we got up early grabbed a bite to eat at Kona Cafe(Tonga Toast:slurp: )And we were off to the Animal Kingdom.Again no lines for anything this park was new to my girlfriend and she enjoyed the park more than I did. She loved Dinosaurs.We returned to the room for a dip in the pool and then went to MGM. Went on RnRC and ToT she loved them as well. We did my favorite The Great Movie Ride then did Muppets, Star Tours, Milionaire, Indiana Jones. For dinner we went to Brown Derby. We had a great meal. We were going to stay for Fantasmik but we were both tired and we new we would see it another day.

The next morning we did the MK we went my usual way which is Tomorrow land first. Then went to Frontier Land walked onto Splash Mountain with no wait. Did Thunder Mountain, Pirates, into Adventure land did Jungle Cruise, Pirates. Then had lunch in the Castle which was great,since I hadn't eaten their since I was very young. After lunch did all of Fantasy Land. We went back to the Poly for a swim and a nap. Then we were off to Epcot for Spaceship earth. Had dinner at San Angel Inn and got a good seat for Illuminations. Saw the show for the first time and It blew me away.Went back to are room for a night swim and then to bed.

Next morning got up and went to have a nice breakfest buffet at Tangoroa Terrace and found out it was closed up.Did not now that.Grabbed a bite and we were off to AK again. We had Rainforest for lunch, then went to the Marketplace for a little shopping. That night night had a PS at Alfredo's. This was by far our worst meal, which was surprising since this used to be our favorite place to eat.

Next morning had a pool day, then off to the MK until around 6:00.That night we went bak to MGM to see Fantasmik. This show was simply amazing, even better then Illuminations. I can't express how much we enjoyed the show.

The next 2 days was basically more park hopping. But the last night I got a message in our room saying that there would be a surprise firework show over the Seven Seas Lagoon because of the MK closing early for that week. With all the complaints we say about how Disney runs there business I thought this was a great thing to do.

So to close we had a wonderful time and I'm so sad its over because now I don't have a countdown anymore. But let me say that May is the time to go. We didn't wait in a line over 15 min.(which was for Teat Track)and the weather was perfect. We had great meals and a great room at the Poly and all around "Magical Time". Sorry if this is a long post but I thought you might like to hear about my great time:sohappy:

If there are any specific questions about anything, please just ask

The Mom

Premium Member
Thank you for a wonderful trip report! I always used to plan a trip for the week BEFORE Memorial Day when my children were younger, but once the eldest started HS, it was impossible...too much work to make up with too little time left in the year. Now that she's going away to college, I might be able to do it one more time with the youngest! I'm afraid your report made me very jealous! ;)

BTW....I thought your mention of "surprise" fireworks was interesting. Posters in other threads have been upset because certain events have been removed from the official schedule. Let's hope that there are many "surprises" added during their stay. It sounds like you should be sure to check frequently, too! What if you hadn't gone back to your room? You would have missed the message!!

DisJosh

Great trip report...makes me wish I was in WDW this minute! :D

Sounds like ya do WDW the way I do...lots of park hopping. Thats the only way to do it if ya ask me! :)

disneyfan123

Thanx 4 a gr8 trip report. I am glad that u and your girlfriend had such a great trip! I really hope these nest 46 days go by quickly. I cannot wait to be there!!!!!

*only 46 days to go* (so close and yet so far..)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

DisneyPhD

Great report. Glad you had a fun trip and good weather. Isn't Poly great? Tell me, were you disapointed that they did not have a hot tub? I think it was warmer when you were there, so it might not be so bad (I was there Dec before Christmas, nice during the day but a tad chilly at night.)

The only sad thing about a great trip to WDW being over is just that, it is over and so long until the next one. (10) months for me.)

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Hey PhD I can't believe I forgot to post this but the evening we were leaving, a crew was boarding up a area right next to the pool and they were bringing in a cement cutter I asked a worker if they were putting in a hot tub but he said that he couldn't talk about it which I found kind of weird.:confused:

Fossil

Brer Bear nice report, makes me want to be in Disney right now. i am dying to go to WDW espcially since i live in Miami it's only a 3 and a half hour drive. Last time i went in January i didn't want to leave and now i am longing to go back. it's h*ll:D

WDW1992

Glad you had a great time. Thanks for the report! I hadn't heard about the May cut backs except that they cancelled e-nights. Can you explain? Is attendance down drastically over what they had predicted? I will be there in October. Thanks!

starsky

Sounds like you had a great trip, I've never been to the parks when there was low attendance. Is it always like that in May?

I know it'll be one heck of a lot busier when I'm there in July:D

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Hey WDW1992 attendance was down everywhere. Animal Kingdom, MGM, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal.We never waited any longer then 20 minutes. We even walked up to are resturants at around 7:30 and got a table right away. I've never seen it so empty. I can't say that I was disapointed by that.

Starsky- I don't know if the crowds in May are always this low or if its a post 9/11 thing because this was the first time I have ever gone in May. But with the crowds so low and the weather so perfect I will sure be returning next year.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Brer Bear
Hey PhD I can't believe I forgot to post this but the evening we were leaving, a crew was boarding up a area right next to the pool and they were bringing in a cement cutter I asked a worker if they were putting in a hot tub but he said that he couldn't talk about it which I found kind of weird.:confused:

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!!!! I think that space is where the water play area for the kids was. It would be a shame to lose that. But man if they did build a hot tub Poly would be perfect!!!!!! I want trip reports from people who stay at poly in the next few months.

redsbe

I too just got back from 5 days at WDW last week (week of May 13th) and although I would not characterize the parks as crowded they certainly were busy and although lines were not long, up to 30 minute waits for the most popular rides by midday were common in all the parks even during weekdays. parks were busy but managable. with fewer people and not the oppressive heat mid May is in my opinion a great time to visit WDW.

MinnieFan

Originally posted by Brer Bear

That night night had a PS at Alfredo's. This was by far our worst meal, which was surprising since this used to be our favorite place to eat.

We felt the same way about Alfredo's. It was one of our favorites and now it is OFF our dinner rotation. I'm kinda bummed because it used to be really good. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom