Trip Report!!!

Just figured I would let everyone in on the 411 I got this weekend. May be new, may be old, but here goes:

Epcot:

Flower and Garden Festival seems to be off to a slow start. But it was nice to walk around and see EPCOT dressed for the season.

Mexico: The pavillion has added a discover the wonders of modern Mexico type area. It's really cool and has some nice interactive fatures. It may not be new but I can tell you this is the first I have seen of it.

Soarin: Seems to be moving right along...

WOL: Yup, it's closed.

SE: All refrence of AT&T is history. even the area at the end has been all borded up and turned into nothing more than a blah exit. I love SE but I truly feel it's time to improve it. It's really showing it's age.

New water feature: As mentioned on the web site it looks like that water feature may just be for the festival. If anyone knows better let me know.

Animal Kingdom:

Expidition Everest: That walk way from Asia to Dino land is spiffy. Really nice. The ride is coming along and track is already being put in place. Can't wait for this one.

Africa: Is it me or are the lions always sleeping? Just an observation...

Magic Kingdom:

20K: Yup, walls are up but nothing seems to have started.

SGE: If you ride TTA I swear you can hear the voice of Stitch (SP?) as you ride by the old AE que area.

ISW: Thank god this is being closed for refurb. Oy, it needs it. I'm thinking of offering Disney to let me come in and clean out all the change just to donate it to charity.

POP Century:

Stayed there for the first time. Nice resort but I still prefer the All-Star layout to Pop Century.

Well, that's all I can remember from this weekend. Hope you enjoy!:p

sarajo

Aren't lions nocturnal, which would explain why they always seem to be sleeping during the safari operating hours. Hey, just be glad you're seeing the lions-- the first couple of times we went on the safari (when DAK opened) we didn't see any. All we saw were about a thousand Thompson's gazelles. Oh well!

Thanks for the report.

TURKEY

Originally posted by sarajo
Aren't lions nocturnal, which would explain why they always seem to be sleeping during the safari operating hours. Hey, just be glad you're seeing the lions-- the first couple of times we went on the safari (when DAK opened) we didn't see any. All we saw were about a thousand Thompson's gazelles. Oh well!

Thanks for the report.

They're called TOMMIES. TOM-MIES. :lol:

Lions can sleep from 18-20 hrs. a day, especially during warmer times of the year.

CamCodey

The one time while on KS when driving by what I like to call "Pride Rock" we actually heard the male lion roar!! What a totally awesome experience!!

Pixie Duster

I have been on Safari about 33 times and have seen the male lion up and pacing 3 times which is a small percent. But as mentioned on the ride and in this thread lions sleep 18-20 hours out of the day. Cheetahs are also sleepheads. If anyone has a pet cat what does it usually do all day? sleep.

The neat thing about the safari is aside from the speil your experience changes each time you ride it.

imagineer99

Originally posted by Pixie Duster

The neat thing about the safari is aside from the speil your experience changes each time you ride it.

I guess I'm one of the few people who really enjoys the spiel...

"Simba 1, come in Simba 1"

Good Stuff!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom