Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
(Cindy, I will try to remember to pick up some paper maps and anything else I see when I go back again in September)
Ohhh yes please!! @Songbird76 picked me up a Disney Parken one that I treasure!!
My daughter and son in law went to France/Paris on their honeymoon. You think they could be bothered to get me a measly piece of paper? Heck No! "But we didn't go to Disney mom".
You could of just picked me up something off of the ground near there you know!
Can I double double your paper map haul please ,
Ohhh and a fellow paper collector! Yes! I've even been know to beg @riverside and @Darstarr for used paper cups!
I’m taking my niece to Paris next year to celebrate her high school graduation and it would be fun to have a map of DLP to give her .
And you get best Aunt of the Year Award for sure!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@Loco_driver we still haven’t made it to Buc-ee’s but we did have a first.

0228A0B4-2EFD-424B-853A-18887BB0601E.jpeg

The rotisserie chicken salad wrap and bacon avocado club were
Chefs Kiss GIF by Padma Lakshmi

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@Swissmiss if you wouldn’t mind picking up a map for me I would be very grateful. I’m taking my niece to Paris next year to celebrate her high school graduation and it would be fun to have a map of DLP to give her . But if you don’t have time or don’t want to I totally understand.

It would be a sad state of affairs to say I didn’t have time - they are in the walkways you have to pass through to go in and out of both parks 😉. Not to mention they are usually also stacked in the hotel lobbys.

For any of you that want them, remind me if you see me post I’m going to DLP (at the moment I’m planning on going in early September) because this is the sort of thing that needs to be brought to the forefront of the 20’000 things I am usually trying to remember 🤣

fractal

Hi All!
During some of our back and forthing on @Tuvalu's most recent TR we started playing with the idea of starting a thread for trip reporters who would like a place to update and/or follow up on items of interest in their reports, or share some non-Disney news, weddings, graduations, ups and downs of life, but don't necessarily want to bump their trip report that may have been completed some time ago.
(I'm aware there is a general chit chat thread but this is a little more targeted).

I fell in love with the Chick Chat phrase @Tuvalu used in her report but we wanted to include the many gentlemen that seem to enjoy chatting and interacting as well and thus the addition of Guy Gabbing!
It's amazing when you think about how a forum has been the catalyst for people to engage and get to know one another virtually and then take it a step further and some of them to actually have the opportunity to meet in person. It's started to feel a little like family!

I'm going to tag a few people in this first post simply so individuals will become aware of the thread and if interested will hopefully tag others, etc.
(I'm limiting the number of people I bother tag so I don't annoy too many Magicians)! 🤣
@Tuvalu @riverside @Darstarr @lindawdw @Songbird76 @Loco_driver @amjt660 @fractal Good afternoon!

I'm going to start this off with some personal updates and if you kindly followed along in my October trip report you know we had some really rough news regarding my husband Gary and his cancer. We were told 2 days after we got back from Disney that Gary's cancer had spread to his brain. Well, 6 months later after several MRI's and PET scans, and multiple neurology consults, guess what? They now don't think he has cancer in his brain! He definitely had 3 separate areas of bleeding but caused by a combination of the particular chemo he was receiving and a condition called amyloid angiopathy. This can make him at increased risk for further bleeds but clearly better news than his cancer spreading further.

Through all of his treatments Gary has had a few goals. You all know about the first one, hoping to see his first grandchild, which he did and got to go to Disney with our crazy girl Una!!
View attachment 646373
View attachment 646368

She's now 18 months old and headed to the pool!
Look at her striking a pose!
View attachment 646282

Another big goal was to see our son Seth graduate college. And here they are!! Seth graduated from SCAD, Savannah campus a little over a week ago!
View attachment 646331

And then, against all of @Darstarr's recommendation he (we) moved him to Brooklyn a few days later!! Talk about crazy town! He even has the worlds tiniest balcony! (And by the way @Darstarr, public thank you for all of your NY move help)!!

He got a job doing what he loves, 3D game design where his piece of it (currently) is to sculpt hair, weapons, clothes etc. for the game characters. The job he has is with a company developing a multi player virtual reality game. And PS, he could have lived absolutely anywhere for this job and chose what I think is one of the most expensive places you can live, NY! :rolleyes: Oh well, you're only young once.
View attachment 646353

So what's the next big goal for the family?
A new little Disney goer is on the way and will hopefully arrive sometime next January!! Yep crazy girl will be a big sister to someone!
I'm trying to talk everyone into a little Disney run before that. Aleisha has suggested we might be allowed to take crazy girl to Disneyland in the fall! Stay tuned!

Well, I would love to hear from my fellow trip reporters. Home news, kid news, Disney news, animal news, vacation news....you get it.
I would add that the desire is that this thread absolutely be a hostile free zone. Mild snark permitted and wanted, (looking at you @amjt660)! 🤣
There is so much aggression out there now and my comment is-like Grandma used to say, if you can't say something nice, don't bother saying anything at all!!
Hope you all agree!

Hey @fractal you’ve been cordially invites to chit chat thread. I’m expecting some great photos from you. 😊

How did I miss this? I know - I've been crazy busy and then left for a weekend in Stone Harbor. Thanks for the invites! @MickeyCB so glad Gary is doing better! @Zipadeelady aka Zip - thanks for the nudge and really enjoyed your TR.

As I was making my way over the Walt Whitman Bridge last Friday evening I realized I had forgotten my camera and tripod. My plans to photograph the night/early morning sky with the alignment of the planets and crescent moon were dashed. :(

One thing for sure, however, I won't forget them for my Disney Trip. 👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom