Trip Report: Nov 9th-16th 2003

Jeff and I went to WDW (Walt Disney World), for our honeymoon on Nov 9th to Nov 16th. And we had a blast. It was our best vacation together...ever!

It all started on Nov 9th (Sunday) to Orlando, FL. We woke up at 4am to leave to the airport around 5am. When we arrived at the airport there was a thunder storm, but when our flight left early around 6:30am and the thunder storm passed by than. We were wearing our Bride and Groom shirts on the plane, and the flight attendant gave us free booze for being a newlywed couple. Jeff and a Miller and I had white wine. That helped us sleep on the plane. Our drop off point was at Houston, TX. The airport there is big and very nice...plenty of food to eat at the airport...and they even had a Disney Store. We grabbed some sunglasses at the airport (forgot ours at home), grabbed some food to eat, and headed to the plane to get to our destination...Orlando, FL. By the time we arrived at Orlando, it was around 5pm.

When we arrived at Orlando airport when you first step off the plane, you will notice the humidity!!! That will always be the first thing you notice. We had to take a shuttle to get our luggage. Once we got our luggage we went over to Mears to get our roundtrip tickets to head over to our hotel: Disney's All-Star Music Resort. We waited for about fifteen minutes and our bus arrived. There were less than ten people on the bus. So we arrived at our hotel in about thirty to forty minutes.

When we arrived at Disney's All-Star Music Resort, it was all ready filled with Christmas decorations, which made Jeff and I forget that we were so exhausted for less than a minute. We checked in--though we asked the front desk if we could upgrade to a one bedroom instead of a two bed (there will be no use for us to have two beds...since we're there's only the two of us). The front clerk told us that the rooms are pretty much booked up and there are no one beds available...which was fine...we could probably break in two beds. Though, when we tried to get bell boy to help us with our baggage, the clerk told us that they close in five minutes and we had to go all the way outside...and almost around the hotel to get service...at this point...running around to find a bell boy was not worth it. For those who are not familiar with the All-Star Music Resort...each hotel building is decorated in festive music themes (mostly very cheesy). We had the Broadway resort. The Broadway section was nice. There are positive and negative points of staying at the Broadway section. Good point: Privacy and Quiet area. It was wonderful to not be wakening up in five in the morning by screaming kids and parents trying to get their kids out of bed. It was so peaceful in that area...we did not hear one peep from screaming kids, or any noise disturbance at all. Bad point: the hotel was located all the way in the back of the resort...so you had to walk 1/3 of a mile to get to your hotel room!!! This is a big pain in the butt if you are carrying luggage after being up since 4am. And it was a huge pain in the butt after being exhausted from visiting one of the parks. What was also nice at the park was that they had some critters running around at the resort. We saw some bunnies hopping along. One positive thing was that we had the first floor, which was good. But we had a smoking room, when I asked for a non-smoking room. And the room for the entire time smelled like cigarettes. Even the sheets stunk of smoke. After we unpacked, we relaxed for a bit, took a shower, and went over to the food court in the hotel. We stuffed ourselves stupid, and got ourselves the refillable cups (that cost $12 each--but the great thing about it, it is free refills whenever at the hotel). That saved us so much money. Every day we at least used our cups twice! We're not going to pay $2.50 per drink every day. That would have made us broke a long time ago!

After we ate at the food court we hopped onto the bus to Downtown Disney. It was very nice at night...though it did start to shower. We bought our Bride and Groom mouse ears, got some ice cream at Ghiradelli. (Tip: Save your receipt at Ghiradelli...if you hand your receipt to them for your next purchased you'll save 10%. That saved us some dough...we went there several times on our trip.) And one of the few times we went to Ghiradelli...the staff messed up on an order of hot coco and gave it to us for free! We looked at some Disney shops to find myself a Donald Duck shirt (Donald Duck is my favorite Disney Character), and they only had one tee-shirt, one sweat shirt, and one hat of him...and they were all ugly. I was disappointed...because he is one of the main characters and he only has very few items to pick from. Anyhow, Jeff was getting tired and didn't want to be in the rain so we went back to our hotel and slept for our big day at Epcot.

LoriMistress

Original Poster
Nov 10th (Monday): We woke up at 5am to get ready to go to Epcot. I brought along my backpack with the following items:

• Sun block
• Two Bottled Water
• Goldfishes and Chips (Snacks)
• Two Ponchos
• Camera (two rolls of film)
• Video Camera (one video tape)
• wallets
• one or two zip lock bags
• Bride and Groom Mouse ears
• Jackets
• Socks
• Ibuprofen, motion sickness pills, Shout! Wipes.
We waited at the bus stop since 7am and the bus didn't pick up until 7:30am. It was nice because we were the only ones on the bus. It made the trip relaxing. The bus driver did tell us that everyone goes to Magic Kingdom on Monday and on Tuesdays everyone goes to Epcot. He also warned us that Epcot will tire you out and you will be exhausted by the end of the night. We arrived at the park around 7:45am and we waited until the park let us in at 8:45am. We were the first ones to arrive at the park. We got our pictures taken in front of Epcot ball, than we rushed over to wait for another fifteen minutes. When 9am hit, characters were traveling on a bus waving to everyone...than docked out of the bus. The first thing I did was run over to Donald Duck and gave him a huge hug. That was when my backpack broke (the zipper completely broke up...beyond repairs). I was throwing a fit at this point (I had that backpack for over four years and finally on the first day of the trip, the bag breaks). We rushed to a store and bought a WDW backpack...and to our surprise, it had more room and a bit more comfortable to carry around. The bag did cost $38 (like most backpack now and days).
Than it was off to Test Track. We went into the singles ride (instead of a group riders), and we were in the ride less than five minutes. The ride was overall, very over-rated. It was a lot like my driving...even kids on the ride were not scared. Parents would be asking their kids if they were okay, and they would respond, "I'm fine. This is how Daddy drives!" Except for one kid who was crying on the ride... she thought that the ride was going to kill us all. I felt bad. I tried to comfort the girl.
Than it was off to Mission: Space. That ride kicked major ______! The ride was so intense. I loved it! Though, I took some motion sickness medicine, because of all the people online I heard that the ride can make you feel sick...so I took the medicine to "make sure." Jeff liked the ride but wouldn't go on it again, because it was too intense for him. I did go on Mission: Space several times. And out of boredom, we did go on Test Track a few times. The lines for single riders on both rides were less than five minutes.
Afterwards it was off to look at some of the countries. We decided to get brunch in China, and we had some yummy rice and chicken. For the most part we mainly checked out the scenery. Though, it did rain a lot throughout the day. And it was very cloudy. Even though we had our ponchos, Jeff got his shoes soaked and didn't want to get an extra pair of shoes for the trip. His Converse were soaking wet. He took my socks to keep himself warm. We looked around at typical stuff: The Living Sea, The Circle of Life. It was entertaining on some levels, but we were pretty bored. Partially I think the weather had something to do it with...also, I believe that we were tired from the day before, and all of the walking just made us sleepy. We went to Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and that was fun (kind of cheesy, but it kept us awake). We went on the Journey into Imagination with Frigment ride, and that was okay...the ride was mainly for little kids. We also went on Spaceship Earth. That ride reminded me of Carousel of Progress. I almost fell asleep on that ride several times. We went on Body Wars, which was horrible. (I think it mainly had to do with the fact that technology--plus it was almost a rip-off from Star Tours).
For dinner, we ate at Biergarten in Germany. It was an all you can eat buffet. Which was nice to it. They had entertainment, but you really have to like German food. Jeff and I are not really into German food.
We got some sweets over at Boulagerie Patisserie in France, and they were delicious! Then we waited for a good spot for the firework show. We were at the bridge between United Kingdom and France. The firework show was amazing! One of the best firework shows I've ever seen. Afterwards, we picked up our pictures and went back to the bus. Then we slept for our next day at Magic Kingdom. Throughout our trip, we got some congrats (because of the hats), from some of the staff, but mainly from other tourists. We heard from other people online that you get "perks" when you wear the mouse ears. Main tip I would recommend: Exercise before going to WDW. Walk at least a mile every day in the next month before going to WDW. You'll do a lot of walking and the first time going to the park alone will put your body into ultra-shock from lack of exercise. You'll be less pooped and your body will thank you later.

LoriMistress

Original Poster
Nov 11th (Tuesday/Veteran's Day): We woke up at 5am to head over to Magic Kingdom. At 7am the bus picked us up to head over the Magic Kingdom. One crew member noticed us wearing our hats and asked us if we had any breakfast reservations, and we told her no. She told us at The Crystal Palace, they do take in walk-ins for breakfast and we got to enter the park early. We took some pictures, and headed over to The Crystal Palace and we got in almost immediately. We arrived our table was decorated in Mickey Confetti shaped in a heart! For our waitress we spelled out Thank You to her. She appreciated it. The Crystal Palace is an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet, plus it's a character breakfast of the Winnie the Pooh characters. Jeff got to meet his favorite character Eyoore. After dinner we walked around the park for a bit and looked around. Then we headed straight towards Space Mountain. We got to walk on Space Mountain and got front row seats on the ride. Space Mountain is more intense at WDW than at DL. We went over to Splash Mountain next and it was a lot better at WDW than DL. It had more drops and more action in it for some reason. We would have gone on Big Thunder Mountain, but it was closed for inspection. So we went over to the Haunted Mansion and it was kind of a big disappointment. It's a lot better at DL than WDW. Afterwards, we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean and it was not that good. DL is better. Afterwards, we walked around, went on some other rides, looked in some shops, went to see the Hall of Presidents (which I fell asleep through), and The Country Bears Jamboree. I loved it...they took down CBJ in DL, so I filmed it for my mom. We went on It's a Small World, and I was disappointed...it's better at DL. We also went on Snow White's Scary Adventures. That was cute...reminded me of all the times I went on it as a little girl. To cool off went to Carousel of Progress, and it was a cute show. We waited in line for about twenty to thirty minutes for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. That ride was okay...it's over hyped. Its keeps you entertained enough, but it's not the greatest thing as sliced bread. We met some of the characters along the way, and ate at Tony's Town Square Restraunt. The food there was excellent, and our waiter gave us free ice cream, and had the customers give us a toast for being on our honeymoon. That was fun. Afterwards, we went over to Space Mountain again (using our Fast pass), than waited for the parade. After the parade ended we waited for the firework show. The firework show was beautiful, though we were right in front of the castle which ruined the effects of it. (Tip: For best seating for the firework show, stay at Main Street USA). We looked in some shops and than headed straight to the hotel and fell asleep. The next day was our relax day.

On Nov 12th (Wednesday) we went over to Downtown Disney, Disney Quest, and Pleasure Island. We woke up at 10am and left the hotel around noon. We went over the Rainforest Cafe and got seats immediately and had a great lunch. Than we just looked around at some shops, get more ice cream, took some pictures, and headed over to Disney Quest. Disney Quest is a giant interactive video arcade. We went on most of the popular games. When we were waiting in line to make our own roller coaster, the guy in the front handed me the phone and it was Mickey and Minnie wishing us a happy honeymoon. That brought tears in my eyes. After riding our ride, we were making our own song when one of the crew members took us out of the booth and kicked not only ourselves, but many other people as well. Come to find out, one of the games was smoking, and they evacuated one part of the building to make sure that a fire wasn't going to start. We went over to Disney Quest again later in the night. We ate at Planet Hollywood for dinner (we got there early...we didn't have to wait in line...by the time we left we heard that it was a forty-five minute wait for seating). By the end of the day, I was sick and I was losing my voice. We looked around Pleasure Island...and Jeff wasn't in the mood to dance (he never is...he hates to dance). And we looked as many shops we could...and we headed back to the hotel to get some sleep. (Tip: make sure you bring everything you need with you...I forgot the Shout Wipes and Jeff spilled food all over himself throughout the day, another tip: bring plenty of emergency medication as much as possible. I brought some medicine to help me from not being as sick, but I ran out and Jeff had to fetch me some from the store in the hotel).

LoriMistress

Original Poster
On Nov 13th (Thursday), we headed over to Disney MGM Studios. We woke up at 5am and headed over to MGM Studios at 7am. We were the first ones at the park. The crew members noticed that we were honeymooners so as a surprise we came into the park early and we "officially" opened the park. We headed over to Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster first, and that was a lot of fun. Afterwards we headed over to Tower of Terror, and it was so much fun. It was one of my favorite rides. We walked around and went on Star Tours (always a classic...Jeff is really into Star Wars). Afterwards, we headed over to Jim Henson's Muppet Vision. That was a very cute show. I loved it. I grew up on The Muppets, and the 3D show was interactive. We checked out Walt Disney One Man's Dream. It was nice to see all of the accomplishments of Walt Disney. Then we went over to Disney MGM Studios Backlot Tour. Overall, it was okay. Nothing worth getting too worked up about, but it was fun never the less. After that we went on The Great Movie Ride. That was great. To see clips of your favorite movies right in front of you, and it was just amazing. After the ride, we got great seats to see the parade. The motorcar parade was great. Characters kept coming up to me to wish congrats or give me kisses. After the cute parade we went over to 50's Prime Time Cafe. That restraunt is one of the best restraunts I've ever been to in my life. The service was great; our waitress "Aunt Brenda" gave us a photo album to look at her family and all of the people that she has served in her restraunt. We will be sending her a picture of us at the restraunt. She made us set the table, and to not put our elbows on the table and she was able to order Jeff around much better than myself or his mother. She kept telling him to sit up straight and to say please and thank you. After a hardy lunch/dinner we went over to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, which was fun. You got the audience involved to get a feel of what it's like to be back stage of an action flick. Then we went over to the Backstage of The Haunted Mansion Movie. Though, you cannot film or take pictures, you get to see masks, costumes, and the set of from the movie. It was pretty cool to see. Than we went to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Play It! and we didn't get to go up and be a contestant, but it was fun, never the less. Than it was time to see Fantasmic! We arrived there a bit late, but a crew member noticed that we were honeymooners so he gave us a seat in the very front row right in the middle...talk about perfect seating! The show was amazing. It was a lot like they one in DL, except more fire. We headed back to the hotel to sleep.

On Nov 14th (Friday) we went over to Animal Kingdom. We left late (around 7pm), and by the time we got there it was when they were opening the park. For once, Jeff was complaining that we got there late instead of complaining about how early we were at the parks. We went over to Africa for the Kimimanjaro Safaris. That was pretty cool. The animals were pretty up close and you did feel like you were in a safari instead of in a "compound." After the safari we headed over to Donald's Breakfestsarus. That was a cute all-you-can-eat buffet. They had the main characters dressed up in Safari outfits (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, etc.) It was a bit more crowded than usually, and we had to wait about twenty minutes to get seated, but over all, it was a nice relaxing day. After breakfast, we went over to Dinoland USA. We went on DinoSaur (and almost the end of the ride, it broke down...we were stuck there for about five to ten minutes on the ride, but we were able to go on the ride again without waiting in line. It just gave us something to do). After Dinosaur, we headed over to Primeval Whirl, and we thought that it was going to be scary or a lot of fun, and we were very disappointed...in fact, the ride was extremely weak. So we decided to head over to Asia to the Kali River Rapids. The ride was fun, though we did wore our ponchos on the ride. I'm sure some people thought we were being "wussies" for wearing ponchos on a water ride, but we would have been completely soaked if we didn't wore them, and they were a life saver. After the water ride, we walked around for a bit and decided to go to The Tree of Life to see It's Tough To Be A Bug! 3D show. Overall, it was cool. The graphics were not the greatest, but it was very interactive and it was a lot of fun. Afterwards, Jeff and I decided to go back to the hotel.
Back at the hotel we took a long nap, than trailed off to Downtown Disney and ate at Planet Hollywood. After a nice big meal, we looked at some shops some more...ate some ice cream and went back to the hotel to get some sleep.

Nov 15th (Saturday): We decided the best place to spend our last day at WDW was going back to Magic Kingdom. We ate at the Crystal Palace (and went into the park early), and went on Space Mountain, Magic Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean (that's when Jeff forgot to get his hat out of the boat--the hat was most likely in another tourist's hands by than, so we had to buy another Groom hat for him). After we got him his hat we went over to Mickey's Philhar Magic. It's a great 3D show. The show is actually about Donald Duck, trying to get Mickey's hat. Donald gets to meet some characters along the way. The music was great, the audience interaction was wonderful, and the graphics were amazing. Jeff and I headed over to Tomorrowland to check out Space Mountain than Tomorrowland Transit Authority. The ride was very relaxing and it was nice being in the shade. Then we went over to Adventureland to go on the Jungle Cruise. It was pretty much like DL. We checked out the 3pm parade and found the same people we were waiting in line with for the 3D show. They were very laid back, down to earth people. A barbershop curette sang us a song of "When You Wish Upon A Star." That brought tears in our eyes. After the parade we went over to Mickey's Toontown and looked into the character's homes. We ate at The Plaza Restraunt. It was a long wait (twenty minutes to thirty minutes). The service was good. We had some ice cream and waited for the night time parade and the firework show. We had a great view of the parade and the firework show. Most people left early, thinking after the firework show than the park closes...but we headed straight to Splash Mountain (no wait to go on this ride). Than we headed over to Peter Pan's Flight. I started to cry...knowing that it would be the last ride we would go on. I just remember loving this ride when I was a kid...all of the memories, plus our last ride until we leave to go back to reality, just made me cry. (I'm such a sap). We took a last look at Cinderella's castle than went back to the hotel. We packed our things for our morning trip back home.

On Nov 16th (Sunday), was the day that our honeymoon ended. We woke up at 2am, and we headed over to outside for the Mears bus transportation to pick us up around 3am. We arrived at the airport around 4am and our flight took off around 6:45am. We had a stop in Houston, TX and I picked up some Disney Stuffed Animals at the Disney Shop (they were cheaper there [taxes], plus the entire store was 30% off). I bought myself a Lady doll and I bought Jeff an Eyoore doll. From Houston, TX we went over to Sacramento where my mom picked us up. I got anti-biotics to help me get better (I was sick through most of the trip).

weather

so how was the weather overall when u were there we are going the same time this year as you went so i was wondering is it still warm 75? and sunny for the most part?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom